Anyone ever descover a band that no ones' ever heard of?

I sometimes go to the store and just look through every cd I can look at one by one and randomly select a letter on which to start. One day I saw Wrathchildamerica. It looked like a metal type album so I took a listen and was quite impressed. They are a old school Kill'em All type band, I wonder what ever happened to them. does anyone ever do things like that? just look without any specific direction just to find something you might like?

I have found quite a few bands I had never heard before and when I ask 'internet friends'...they say WHO? :lol: I don't know anything about Wrathchildamerica, but I think they have been discussed on this board before. :)

Here I Go Again...
Witch Cross..
Heavy Petting.. (hehe I love that band Ham)
Axe Witch
Nevermore...Best metal band in the last ____ years
Tad Morose...Freak Kitchen
Fat chicks with $ ...Na
Sun Caged

Max Hawk

Kim Mitchell is a DJ on our biggest radio station here Q107

f75628ef.jpg

I Get to have a gun in a holster haha
19 pound gun for a 5 pound boy
No wonder they don't bring the paper anymore

Well A crack head got his a.... shots a few days ago (dead as dead can bee hehe)
so I will .... walk around with Megarounds and kill at will

Road Pigs - House I just ... $398.000,, on the corner (2 houses down is a rooming house with a death count of 4-5 a year...they look at my bike like a big big peice of crack haha.....but ...........people have to be a.. scared of death

Mr. clown...you uhh...have something in your teeth.(heheheh.)
I found Crowbar watching Beavis and Butt-head. then grew more curiouse when I saw their name on one of Panteras' videos' and Phill is wearing one of their shirts. been a big fan ever since and there's not many people here that know who they are. but on K.N.O.N Hard time radio they all have respect for them and play them sometimes. Crowbar is the best thing since sliced bread.(IMO)

Well I discovered i suppose the band Chastain back in the 80's just looking at label ads in a magazine.. they were on Shrapnel records at the time.. some people know who they are on this board not sure if everyone does but i like them.. if you can find them get the Ruler of the Wasteland and 7th of Never albums.. as for other bands ive mentioned Crumbsuckers which was a awesome band in the late 80's and came out with 2 albums on Combat label i believe... their 2 albums to get are Life of Dreams and B.O.M.B. (Beast on my Back).. from the Crumbsuckers ashes the band Pro-Pain was born... so that could give you a little idea about them.. you can find the Crumbsucker's albums on ebay... As for WrathChild America they are from the late 80's if i remember correctly.. there old school Thrash.. they were becoming quite popular back then till the Thrash scene Crashed... :ill:

Bands I never heard about (and no one ever mention them) until I found an album or MP3s:

Black Steel (AUS)
Imperium (NL)
Vindex (SK)
STOS (POL)
Savage Steel (CAN)
Sacrifice (CAN)
Protector (GER)
Death Row (GER)
Helreid (ITA)
Serum (GER)

And of course some local bands that no one heard about outside the country (and even inside):

Slavon
Auriga

It happened to me in 1997 with the first Brainstorm album which I discovered in a second-hand shop ahah. I had never heard about them before and couldn't find any info either, now they've almost become an established band. Good for them.

Does any one know Big Iron? I heard they just recently got signed to a label but I was wondering what they sound like. Afriend from work intoduced me to another metal fan and that guy is a friend of one of the bandmembers since they started. Said he'd give me some burnt cd's and some demos before they got signed. I used to hear about them in the local scene but never got to hear them. They used to play at Deep Ellum, I never went to deep ellum, I kinda have Social angxiety. but I can do concerts, Pantera, Morbid angel, soulfly, and nothing face were awesome in 2000 at the Fairpark collesium. I wish I would have waited three months because they came back with Slayer and I couldn't get that day off nor did I have the money at the time.

madcheese9377 said:
I sometimes go to the store and just look through every cd I can look at one by one and randomly select a letter on which to start. One day I saw Wrathchildamerica. It looked like a metal type album so I took a listen and was quite impressed. They are a old school Kill'em All type band, I wonder what ever happened to them. does anyone ever do things like that? just look without any specific direction just to find something you might like?

Back in the 80's and early 90's my friends and I used to buy stuff "blind" all the time. We found some great stuff that way... also found some real shit along the way. :lol:

Hey Madcheese... Wrathchild is from my home town. I'm a HUGE fan along with Bryant (where the hell has he been... getting ready for the baby I guess). Anyway, Plan13 (a friend of mine who posts here from time to time) was best friends with Shannon (drums) in high school. If you join us on Soulseek I have some Wrathchild vids in my folder and Plan13 has their demo in his. Look at the UMOS Soulseek thread for info on joining us.

Sure. I remember when noone heard of Iron Maiden. I am not kidding. I remember praising them to a few friends of mine who would not believe that they were really good.

Greeno said:
Back in the 80's and early 90's my friends and I used to buy stuff "blind" all the time. We found some great stuff that way... also found some real shit along the way. :lol:

Hey Madcheese... Wrathchild is from my home town. I'm a HUGE fan along with Bryant (where the hell has he been... getting ready for the baby I guess). Anyway, Plan13 (a friend of mine who posts here from time to time) was best friends with Shannon (drums) in high school. If you join us on Soulseek I have some Wrathchild vids in my folder and Plan13 has their demo in his. Look at the UMOS Soulseek thread for info on joining us.

I found a band called Crypt kicker, they were the worse death metal band I've ever heard :yuk: . the guitars were pretty good but everything else was shit. I'll try to get on soulseek, but I'm not sure if anyone will be on I work untill 12:00 A.M now and most of the OSM guys might not be aon at the time. But I'll check it out when I'm on later today.
I'm glad you like Wrathchildamerica, so far you're the only dude I know thats heard of them. Later-RJAIII-

Hawk said:
Sure. I remember when noone heard of Iron Maiden. I am not kidding. I remember praising them to a few friends of mine who would not believe that they were really good.
Gee that's old school indeed :p

madcheese9377 said:
I'll try to get on soulseek, but I'm not sure if anyone will be on I work untill 12:00 A.M now and most of the OSM guys might not be aon at the time. But I'll check it out when I'm on later today.
I'm glad you like Wrathchildamerica, so far you're the only dude I know thats heard of them. Later-RJAIII-

We have people from all over the world on here so someone is bound to be up at any given hour. Every time I log on now some one is in the room, it's great! :)

Bryant is also a huge Wrathchild fan. If he sees this thread he will post I'm sure.

You know that the drummer from Wrathchild is now in Godsmack right? Not that he's playing like he used to in WA, but he's paid his dues so I'm glad he's making some jack now.

Greeno said:
You know that the drummer from Wrathchild is now in Godsmack right? Not that he's playing like he used to in WA, but he's paid his dues so I'm glad he's making some jack now.
:yow: I didn't know that. Thats cool, I thought they just dissapeared after they broke up. I like Godsmack some, not a real big fan but they're good. I tried to get on to soulsearch i downloaded what I needed and when I got on I only found something called 'Old school dan...' so I clicked on it and it turned out to be 'Old school dance' I got out of their quick!