Anyone ever see Nighwish live?

Come on, we all know that gothic male vocals is all about a a creepy skinny guy trying to sound sexy for fat chicks. :lol:

Its not even that, he just comes off as some geeky rapper wannabe that slaughters vocals both live and in the studio.

But then again, as you said, the fat goth girls won't really complain.

Me and a bunch of friends saw them live with Sonata Arctica... the tickets were free... Nightwish wasnt bad, I really want to nail the singer, sometimes...

Sonata Arctica... well... GODDAMN That drummer loves his ride-bell... thats all I have to say... or and they were horrible.

What???? The male vocalist in Lacuna Coil is fucking HORRID and ruins the songs for, half the time. He just stands in the back and randomly adds this retarded shouting, unless I am completely out of my mind?

Agreed...

You should give a spin of their latest album (Dark Passion Play), the new singer Anette has a more "pop" style.

Marco Hietala is reason alone to keep listening to Nightwish.

Dark Passion Play does have more of a traditional pop tone to it although Tuomas would disagree as he has gotten quite offended by interviews that have made that connection, for some reason he thinks the album is all metal and has little if any pop influences to it. Because "Amaranth" and "Bye Bye Beautiful" are all Metal and no pop whatsoever.

Anyway +1 to the Marco Comment, tracks like "Master Passion Greed" just make the album!

Saw them at Download while waiting for Slayer... they were an hour late which meant they came on for 3 songs, cutting slayers set by about half an hour

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

^This.

I've seen them live twice(old and new singer).But their sound sucked on both concerts,came out delayed ,several song cuts(due to power failure's maybe?)....

...and honestly i'm not a big fan of stretching, on the stage, and holding a guitar:lol:

wtf is with that retarded pose? :lol:

em+3.bmp

trying to do a full split

543254.jpg

stretching a bit

emppu_vuorinen_nightwish.jpg

do the hokey pokey, that's what is all about

I've listened to Nightwish for quite some time, but it was always hit or miss with me with the operatic female vocalist thing, particularly Tarja's voice never did it for me - i much prefer say someone like Simone Simons voice. I did however really like "Once", and the new disc "Dark Passion Play", while a bit more pop like in nature had a good feel to it and quite frankly I preferred the new vocalists style over that of Tarja - I know it's heresy to say that in the Nightwish fan community :) Never saw Nightwish, but have seen Epica and really liked the show. My favorites in that genre of music however were the late great After Forever with Floor Jensen - now there's a woman!

I guess I'm one of the few that prefers Tarja's voice over Annette's. She just always sounded like Kelly Clarkson to me. It probably would have been fine if I had never heard older Nightwish with Tarja.

...My favorites in that genre of music however were the late great After Forever with Floor Jensen - now there's a woman!

Amen to that!

I quite like the band but the keyboardist sucks live. He doesnt do half of the thing that is heared on the albuns. They just shoot samples.

I quite like the band but the keyboardist sucks live. He doesnt do half of the thing that is heared on the albuns. They just shoot samples.

Their last two albums were recorded with live orchestras, so it would be quite difficult for him to play everything :loco:

Tuomas writes all of Nightwish's material though, you have to give him a lot of credit for that!

Tarja was a terrible vocalist who didn't know when to shut the fuck up. Tuomas is very pretentious (especially lyrical-wise) and is definitely a showman more than a musician on stage (as noted, a lot of the sounds etc are backing tracks / sampled.) Vuorinen has been writing sub-par riffs since Century Child, and that probably won't change. Marco and Jukka are the only redeeming qualities about the band now imo. I'm not a huge fan of Annette's vocals but they're far better than Tarja's were. At least she doesn't try to sound operatic when she's not.

It's Tuomas's band but I'd have to say if Marco were to leave, he should disband Nightwish and form another name. Marco is a gigantic part of their sound now and has been since he joined in late 01/early 02.

I had a major migraine attack when I tried to get through their set waiting for Slayer at Dynamo in 04 (I think). Eventually, it got so bad that I had to give up my front row spot, heading to the porta potties.

So there I was, having Nightwish as the soundtrack to puking and shitting my guts out. Sweet irony, how adequate is that?

When they were done I was heading back to the front rows for Slayer (I felt suddenly better when they stopped. - Coincidence?) when suddenly something landed on my head, blinding me for a second. - It was their keyboardist's towel.

Next thing I saw were two hideously fat goth chicks (you know, all dressed up 'n shit) tackling me to the ground and almost ripping my scalp off to get that sweaty towel.

The horror.