Anyone familiar with Cathedral?

Random Axe

Common Sense Man!
Sep 27, 2002
Cincinnati, OH
Visit site
I'm interested in the 90's band, not the 70's symphonic one. They released an album around 1993 called There in the Shadows. Someone told me if I was an Enchant fan, I should check them out. I've got mixed feelings about this. Upon first listen to the samples, I thought they sounded eerily like Blueprint era Enchant, especially the vocals. But, you have to keep in mind samples can be very deceiving.

Anyway, does anyone know anything about these guys and if they are decent. I have one buddy saying they're pure, unadulterated crap, but based on what I heard, I kinda like it.

For those who'd like to hear what I'm hearing go to

http://www.kinesiscd.com/storeframe.htm?cathedral-bio.htm

The sound quality is garbage, but it gives a hint of what they are like.

Scott

Scott,

I remember that band very well b/c I bought There in the Shadows the same day I bought some odd CD with Max Headroom like Computer Graphics on the cover. BluePaint of the Earth or something like that. It wasnt very fair b/c I did not listen to anything but BotW for at least 2 months, and when I finally started listening to There in the Shadows, it really paled in comparison. I think I listened to it a total of 5 times and havent spun it since 93. I'll try to find it again and give it a whirl, but in 93, I would have given it the same review as Tap's Shark Sandwich.... SHIT Sandwich.

Jim

Check that it was early 94