Anyone from Ann Arbor - Detroit,MI area?

I'm about 45 minutes away in Toledo ,OH. Harpo's in Detroit is a very happening place for metal. I'm not sure what their venue is every week but when metal comes to town that is usually where they go. Don't know how old you are but Ann Arbor is college bars and cops with 'tude. Whatever happens don't come to Toledo.

I live in the area.
Harpo's is the place to check out.
Ann Arbor is actually pretty diverse, you can catch some good metal bands in some of those small shitty bars, like the Blind Pig. State Theatre sometimes has some good bands. Should do a search for the 'Metro Times', very informative.
When you coming? Where you coming from?

I plan on being in the Ann Arbor area in the next 2 or 4 weeks to visit a relative who has recently relocated to the area and doesn't know many people yet. Except his cowboy boot kickin' half brother who can stay home. I'd like to go see a or a few local metal bands in that area. I don't mind shitty or grungy bars at all and i have no problem with college students. I just want to get a taste of the atmosphere and metal music will visiting, that's what it's all about anyway right? I'll check out the Metro Times. Feel free to send me a message Lordlindsey and thanks for the suggestion!