touring in the states

chattefemme

the happy thread
Apr 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
does anyone have any idea who i could contact for booking information? if anyone does please let me know. i'm trying to build a fan base for katatonia around my area so i could convince some clubs to have some european bands preform. please and thanks:lol:

unfortunately, i have no clue. but, i must say, good luck!!!! i know that i'd personally drive for at least a day to see katatonia, or any number of other euro bands who dont come to the US... i think the big problem is, tho, that you'd only get a big enough number of people to one show if you had quite a few bands at it, in which case expenses for moving equipment, hotels, etc, would skyrocket. hence, the workability of something like the big festivals... still, give it a shot, and best of luck to you (and to all of us!!)

hmn, i dont know much BUT theres a situation with 'The Gathering', where they say, if you want us to play in your country contact a club/place where you can gig and tell them to get in contact with the band, if you get a petition thingy sort of thing with names and they contact the record label, or you can, they can maybe sort something out.

oh and welcome to the board, and post all the questions you like...however dumb they may seem, you'll get a reply :)

hey, thanks guys. i've been trying to get a petition and i also contacted the intersection (club where i live), so hopefully that'll help. if it doesn't work out then i guess it was worth a shot. thanks for the encouragement!:)

i live in michigan. i contacted the booking manager for Lullacry (dunno if you guys have heard of them, but i like them) and i'm trying to get like...one more euro band in on this whole gig thing too. i was thinking katatonia, the gathering, opeth, lacuna coil, or porcupine tree. what do you guys think? there's a few clubs i'm going to contact about having some bands come in. i also am going to contact some local bands to open for them, hopefully stuff will work out.

get em all!! especially thegathering and katatonia... hmmm maybe i'll have to visit my cousin in michigan, if this comes together ;) good luck...