MYSTIC FORCE

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
so i figured i would see what i could dig up here with you guys.

does anyone have contact for anyone in MYSTIC FORCE? i have tried to hit up keith but i don't think i have up to date information.

i was attempting a trilogy of reissues representing the tri-state area i grew up in with SOLITUDE (Delaware), DOMINANCE (Pennsylvania) and then MYSTIC FORCE (Maryland).

i am still trying to get in contact with them about doing a reissue collection of the early stuff. i mean the early cassettes i have are in bad shape and it's about time most of this saw the light of day again.

so if someone has contact info hit me up!
tribunalrecords@aol.com

Dude, I will be doing cartwheels if you can get these discs re-issued! "Man vs Machine" is one of the truly great, mostly overlooked prog gems. Its the closest album I have ever heard to "Rage for Order".

Good luck with this!!!

You might be able to contact Rich or Chris through Shift's Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/shiftallaccess

That Shift disc was pretty cool, and you could definitely hear the MF in the riffing, but the vocals weren't exactly awesome.

I saw Solitude opening for (I think) Dark Angel in 1990. They covered Sepultura's "Inner Self." Their disc is decent.

As for Dominance, a bunch of those guys reformed Anvil Bitch and are making music again, so it should be easy to track them down. Dominance was one of the openers at the very first show I ever saw: Wratchchild America. The other openers were Damnability and Deadly Blessing. I liked all the Dominance demos I heard back in the day - I'd love to get that shit collected on CD!

UPDATE:

Finally got in touch keith of MYSTIC FORCE. he is working on new MF album and i am trying to persuade him into letting me work on an early years collection with the demos, first LP and EPs for release in 2010!! keep your fingers crossed!

"SOLITUDE (Delaware)"

I Remember these guys taking legal action against Perez and his Solitude. I thought it was funny since Perez and company had more promise. Guess it all worked out in the end. Solitude recorded what...1 album? Solitude Aeturnus recorded what...7 albums? And S.A. are considered icons within the metal community. Solitude are considered?????

And Solitude Aeturnus is a better name for a doom band anyways.

And I actually saw Solitude play with Medusa (I think) and Skeleton at the some African sounding bar in DC...oh, a looooong time ago. Medusa was the only band to impress me.

"SOLITUDE (Delaware)"

I Remember these guys taking legal action against Perez and his Solitude. I thought it was funny since Perez and company had more promise. Guess it all worked out in the end. Solitude recorded what...1 album? Solitude Aeturnus recorded what...7 albums? And S.A. are considered icons within the metal community. Solitude are considered?????

And Solitude Aeturnus is a better name for a doom band anyways.

And I actually saw Solitude play with Medusa (I think) and Skeleton at the some African sounding bar in DC...oh, a looooong time ago. Medusa was the only band to impress me.

The Safari Club. What a shit hole... great times there!

Yes! The Safari Club! I could not remember the name for shyt.

Did you ever play there, Matt?

What about the Hangman's Pub? Never got a chance to attend a concert there but I remember The Mentors and Whiplash playing there....a looooooong time ago!

Yes! The Safari Club! I could not remember the name for shyt.

Did you ever play there, Matt?

What about the Hangman's Pub? Never got a chance to attend a concert there but I remember The Mentors and Whiplash playing there....a looooooong time ago!

even though you were asking the OTHER matt, i in fact played The Safari Club when i was in high school (circa 1988/89) twice (i am original from Wilmington, DE so it was a haul to play shows down there for us back then). one show we got to open for GORILLA BISCUITS and FOUR WALLS FALLING. two great old hardcore bands.

and about "Solitude" name issue it's a legal thing. Delaware Solitude had trademarked the name so they owned it regardless which band had more albums. so one could fault SA for not being on top of their game and getting it done first. regardless, i am a fan of both actually, so it was never an issue and i do agree SA was a better name for the doom genre. :Spin:

UPDATE:

Finally got in touch keith of MYSTIC FORCE. he is working on new MF album and i am trying to persuade him into letting me work on an early years collection with the demos, first LP and EPs for release in 2010!! keep your fingers crossed!

Cool! I just saw this thread and was about to contact you since I know both Keith and his brother Scott. He doesn't check his MySpace often at all, so you are right about that. I still have a cassette of the EP that I got from Rich in 1988 when I was supposed to audition for them. Good luck getting the re-issues!

@Matt: The Shift disk most definitely has remnants of what was going to be Mystic Force's next CD before Rich and Chris split from Keith and Will. Both my wife and I really enjoy the disk from start to finish - even with Jeff's vocals since they really fit the music. We have seen them both times that they played live. Great show both times!

"I never heard of the Hangman's Pub, where was that?"

It was in DC. I was still in HS when all the acts were going there in about '87 or so. All I remember was wanting to see a few bands but was under age.

I am sure you remember the 9:30 when it was off F Street. Saw many a band there. I always appreciated the venue allowing all age shows.

"i in fact played The Safari Club when i was in high school"

I take it you were playing in a Hardcore band?

"Delaware Solitude had trademarked the name so they owned it regardless which band had more albums. so one could fault SA for not being on top of their game and getting it done first"

Very true. I just never saw what the big deal was with the DE Solitude. Guess the guys were dreaming big and wanted all their ducks in a row. But they did give us "Side Winder," which is a song I still like.

Okay...back to the thread at hand. Sorry for the high jack.

I am sure you remember the 9:30 when it was off F Street. Saw many a band there. I always appreciated the venue allowing all age shows.

I saw Crimson Glory on Transcendence there, with Mystic Force opening. I saw Sanctuary there, Vio-lence on tour with Testament, and Testament canceled, Fates Waring on Parallels, Coroner opening for Nuclear Assault, GWAR on Scumdogs, White Zombie before Thunderkiss, etc. etc.

I loved going to shows there.

"i in fact played The Safari Club when i was in high school"

I take it you were playing in a Hardcore band?

"Delaware Solitude had trademarked the name so they owned it regardless which band had more albums. so one could fault SA for not being on top of their game and getting it done first"

Very true. I just never saw what the big deal was with the DE Solitude. Guess the guys were dreaming big and wanted all their ducks in a row. But they did give us "Side Winder," which is a song I still like.

Okay...back to the thread at hand. Sorry for the high jack.

yes, i was in a hardcore band called DUNAMIS. nothing big, but we did a few demos and played some shows. it was fun. our guitarist started a record label and wound up putting out the first CLUTCH 7" back in the day.

yeah DE Solitude seemed to be very professional from early on. the earliest demos i remember had the copyright and trademark symbols next to their logo so they were on the ball, much more than most bands it seems.
hahaha. glad you still dig Side Winder. it does kick major ass. if you get a chance to check out the reissue everyone is loving the demos disc. despite being demos they were great quality recordings surprisingly enough for the time period (1987-1990).