Anyone going to ROSfest??

For anyone interested, Jadis' first show in the USA was excellent. Gary Chandler is very talented; an excellent guitarist and fine vocalist (which is tough at the same time) John Jowitt was awesome as always. Ed, what do you think of John? Anyways they played (at least I think)

Sleepwalk, G13, Wonderful World, More than Meets the Eye, The Beginning and the End, Holding Your Breath, Daylight Fades, Sacrifice, This Changing Face, Understand, Where in the World, Alive Inside (I think???), Old and Wise (I personally cant stand that cover song by Alan Parsons :yuk: ), The Great Outside, Each and Everyday, Yourself Alone, What Kind of Reason, and Comfortably Numb (again ok, but heard that tune 1000 times too many, and a disappointing way to end the show)

Highlights - All the More than Meets the Eye tunes, Sacrifice

This concert did prove to me that the older Jadis tunes are better, and more exciting. I was disappointed by Fanatic. Songs like Each and Everyday are weak. What Kind of Reason should have been edited about 2-3minutes.
Also, Jadis songs all sound the same, so I have about an hour attention span for them. For some of the weaker tunes, I did get bored at times. To me, this is what differentiates Enchant over them. Enchant will play a nice ballad like Pure, an acoustic tune like Colors Fade, and an emotional What to Say or Comatose, then hit us with some exciting 'prog' like Paint the Picture, metal with Seeds of Hate, and punch us in the face with Break. DYNAMICS!!!

Jadis was great, but they did not come close to matching Oakland. I know its not fair to compare, but like ex girl/boyfriends& husbands/wives, we always do.

Mare and I were there proudly wearing our Enchant Ts.

Also, they were playing tunes from the new IQ Cd before they started. I am very excited from what I heard.

Wow, I feel Each and Every Day is a very strong song, so I guess it's true that everyone is different. I love the harmonizing on the album, but I dunno how they would have pulled that off well live. I'd ask you, jj, but you obviously dislike the song.

lurker, sorry just my opinion. i dont like the nah nah nahs in the song. it kinda makes me think they ran out of ideas to progress the advancement of the song, and decided to do an uninspired (again IMHO) harmony. strangely, i like the nah nah nahs in hey jude and lovin touchin squeezin.

in concert they were very good at harmony vocals. martin o is one of the best at this, and john occasionally joined in on the fun, and was solid. i guess after really analyzing it, gary has a really warm, clean, happy voice, and sometimes the lack of anger, passion, and emotion makes me a bit bored. each and everyday maybe is a bit too happy vocalwise for me. like i mentioned before, ted hits us with the full gamut of vocal styles and emotions which is a huge differentiator.

Hey Jim! Just checking in....I will post a review as soon as I can, but I didn't want to chirp in here that I thought Jadis was great! So was Salem Hill (way cool) and the surprise hit for me was a NYC band called Izz!! LOVED them!

It was cool to see ya there - sorry you couldn't stay for Day 2...Salem Hill wailed!!!!

It was way cool to finally meet ILBEARDFAN too -- hey there Joel!!!! How's the back?

More to come....

See ya!
Mare

No worries, JJ. I think the nah nahs really work for me in that song, but to each his own.

Did you guys like Little Atlas? I really like that band, after having only recently discovered them. I saw them live a couple months ago and thought they were excellent.

I knew IZZ would knock everyone for a loop. They're a great live band and I can't wait to see them (and Enchant!) at CalProg.

I love nah nah nah's too LOL! Actually, the harmonizing was great. Martin Orford has as good a voice as Gary Chandler. Partied with him and John Jowitt at the after party. Let me just say, when I get my pics posted, you will get a kick out of them.

My friend Mare... waiting til Sunday afternoon to say hi... LOL So glad to meet you, a highlight of my weekend, of which there were many (ain't that an understatement). You can read about my experiences by clicking here:

http://www.thedividingline.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=284

Looking forward to seeing Enchant and the rest of the bands at CalProg (I'm going to need to check into the Betty Ford clinic for prog-addiction).

NP: Little Atlas - Live and Interactive @ DLBN

Jadis is next on my list of bands I wanna see life...well...actually, Ayreon is, but I've more or less given up on that dream.

Awwwwwwwww.....you too Joel! Finally! :) Loved your "Weekend Review" !!

Dave and I had a great time....taking in all the bands (LOL, well...all except one, LOL)and all the festvities...

And for the record, I'm for the nah nah nah's....Where in the World is a great tune!

I also loved all that they did from Fanatic - one of my fave discs of 2003! What Kind of Reason and Yourself Alone are two awesome tracks!

Cheers! :)

Demonspell said:
Beardfan: very cool review. I just read that www.progrock.com will be broadcasting some performances from the festival tonight, so I'll try to listen...

Oh man! Why does it have to be tonight? I'm going to see Yes tonight and their 35th Anniversary Roger Dean Bounce House Extravaganza!

:tickled: