Anyone going to the Milwaukee Opeth show?

wankerness

Dec 3, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
I thought I'd ask this cause last time I went to an Opeth show in Milwaukee (back on the Deliverance tour) I was stuck right behind this guy that was about 6' 6" in a Novembers Doom hoodie, which made me really mad cause I couldn't see but I was like HEY AT LEAST HE HAS A NOVEMBERS DOOM HOODIE WHAT A GREAT BAND, and then a week or so later on here I saw a post from Vito with his pic from the show and I realized it was him I'd been stuck behind! I didn't recognize him cause he was brand new then (also I figured bands didn't typically wear their own shirts :)).

LOL awesome, we pick on him all the time because he fuckin' lives in that hoodie. Not only was it a plus adding him as a musician, he's a big ol' walking billboard for us too haha

We're playing just outside of Milwaukee the night before (March 2nd) with Green Carnation and Beyond the Embrace. Unless I was to stay overnight up there I highly doubt I'll be attending the Opeth show, because I don't think I could manage trekking back and forth to Milwaukee two days in a row.

wankerness said:
I thought I'd ask this cause last time I went to an Opeth show in Milwaukee (back on the Deliverance tour) I was stuck right behind this guy that was about 6' 6" in a Novembers Doom hoodie, which made me really mad cause I couldn't see but I was like HEY AT LEAST HE HAS A NOVEMBERS DOOM HOODIE WHAT A GREAT BAND, and then a week or so later on here I saw a post from Vito with his pic from the show and I realized it was him I'd been stuck behind! I didn't recognize him cause he was brand new then (also I figured bands didn't typically wear their own shirts :)).

Sorry I ruined your Opeth experience lol. Don't worry, I won't be at this show, but I'm sure you'll find another tall asshole somewhere in the crowd. HAHA

I won't hope for finding another guy to get stuck behind, cause I don't like tall assholes that aren't in one of my favorite bands.:D

Anyway sorry to hear you guys (probably) won't be there, and also sorry I can't go to your show the night before (I have class on friday a couple hours north of milwaukee :yell: ).

I should go to this Opeth show and stand in front of you. I'm 6'4" and also have an ND hoodie. Really. :)

Oh crap, your Milwaukee show is next week isn't it. I should figure out if I'm going and if so get me a tix.

Funny story.
Was that the OPETH show with Lacuna Coil and Beyond the Embrace opening? If so, I was there too (Though I am on the short side, and do not own a ND hoodie!)
I am considering that Opeth show, esp since Dark Tranquillity are on the bill as well.

Jasonic said:
Funny story.
Was that the OPETH show with Lacuna Coil and Beyond the Embrace opening? If so, I was there too (Though I am on the short side, and do not own a ND hoodie!)
I am considering that Opeth show, esp since Dark Tranquillity are on the bill as well.

Yeah it was that show. And yes, this is probably going to be quite a good show, though I'm absolutely furious that Devin Townsend decided to drop off in march (I've really been loving his new album) and get replaced by goddam DEVIL DRIVER (who also bumps dark tranquillity to opener status, my guess is they'll get booed mercilessly through their entire set like happened the last time I saw them with opeth, too bad their set will be far longer than DT's :yuk: )

FrostGiant said:
I should go to this Opeth show and stand in front of you. I'm 6'4" and also have an ND hoodie. Really. :)

Oh crap, your Milwaukee show is next week isn't it. I should figure out if I'm going and if so get me a tix.

How about you're allowed to stand in front of me there if you give me a ride if my friends fall through on thursday (i'm in appleton) :Spin::Spin::Spin:

What's that place like in terms of security? My friend wants to go, as does his woman (they are both big fans of both you guys and green carnation), but she's under 21. Do they ever actually card there? Should I tell her to get a fake id? ;_;

wankerness said:
What's that place like in terms of security? My friend wants to go, as does his woman (they are both big fans of both you guys and green carnation), but she's under 21. Do they ever actually card there? Should I tell her to get a fake id? ;_;

I've never even heard of this place before, so I would assume that they card. It's always a good idea to get a fake just in case.