Anyone going to the NYC Emperor/NYC Gigs?

pure holocaust is a b grade record.... isahn himself owns all of immortal including the background songwriter!!!! at the heart is a good album though, and sons was good too.. but hey, bow down to the fucking emperor kev!!!

Last night was an amazing time for all!

I had the privellage and pleasure of meeting ShadowNine (I think?) and Anthony3.... I feel that I've forged friendships with new best pals that will last a life time!!!!!!!! It was a fantastic Best Friends adventure!!!

Daylight Dies played only songs from the new album... it was awesome, although they did not do any of the clean-vocaled parts... which I found to be very dissapointing :cry:. I yelled "I Love You Jesse!!!" during a lull in the crowd noise, but I'm not sure if he heard me. I was hoping that he would so that he would know that I have special feelings for him.

Then, Emperor turned into funeral mist and flew away and I played Air Guitar while Accept played over the PA! I headbanged like a demon from other realm!!!!

Thus concluded be me and Anthony3's best friend adventure.

LordDarksoul said:
Last night was an amazing time for all!

I had the privellage and pleasure of meeting ShadowNine (I think?) and Anthony3.... I feel that I've forged friendships with new best pals that will last a life time!!!!!!!! It was a fantastic Best Friends adventure!!!

Daylight Dies played only songs from the new album... it was awesome, although they did not do any of the clean-vocaled parts... which I found to be very dissapointing :cry:. I yelled "I Love You Jesse!!!" during a lull in the crowd noise, but I'm not sure if he heard me. I was hoping that he would so that he would know that I have special feelings for him.

Then, Emperor turned into funeral mist and flew away and I played Air Guitar while Accept played over the PA! I headbanged like a demon from other realm!!!!

Thus concluded be me and Anthony3's best friend adventure.

yes....Anthony3 is one of the only people I have had the pleasure of meeting from this forum......great guy.

No clean vocal parts?! Weird...maybe to seem more KVLT?!?!

I hope I can go to the Colorado Kat show so we can find happiness in eternal friendship!

Excellent show last night. The no clean vocals from Daylight Dies was pretty dissapointing but they still kicked ass.

Was nice meeting Lord Darksoul and chatting about our love for misery, darkness, and all things depressing. Hopefully at some point in the future the best friends adventure can continue.

tourtq2.gif

:D

Thanks for the kind words. Being part of these shows was an honor and something we won't forget. The atmosphere was intense.

As far as clean vocals.. we haven't had a chance to try them in a live setting yet, and didn't want to "debut" them at these shows.. we'd rather rehearse them a bit more so they'll sound as good as possible for future shows..

Great show. Unfortunately Samoth could not make it into the States, so Emperor were short one guitarist, but they did their best, and it was excellent. I was especially glad to see "Inno a Satana", "An Elegy of Icaros", and of course, "I Am the Black Wizards". (Although if you have met me, it is clear that I am the black wizards...ha.)

Daylight Dies were solid live. Great performance. Would've liked to have seen at least one older song, and the newer songs that have clean vocals, but...that can wait until the time is right, I suppose! I was glad that they played "All We Had" and "Dead Air". Thanks for being an excellent opening act! I'm looking forward to seeing you play at the shows with Katatonia and Moonspell.

It was cool to run into some folks from the board. (Yes, it was me that you met, LordDarksoul.) I will probably see at least some of you when Katatonia come around. Cheers!

The setlist (or close to what it was):

Into the Infinity of Thoughts
The Burning Shadows of Silence
Cosmic Keys to My Creations & Times
Thus Spoke the Nightspirit
An Elegy of Icaros
Curse You All Men!
With Strength I Burn
Towards the Pantheon
The Majesty of the Night Sky
The Loss and Curse of Reverence
In the Wordless Chamber
Inno a Satana
Opus a Satana (beginning)

ENCORE:

I Am the Black Wizards
Ye Entrancemperium
Opus a Satana (end)

Couldn't have asked for more, really. Excellent setlist.

shadowNINE said:
The setlist (or close to what it was):

Into the Infinity of Thoughts
The Burning Shadows of Silence
Cosmic Keys to My Creations & Times
Thus Spoke the Nightspirit
An Elegy of Icaros
Curse You All Men!
With Strength I Burn
Towards the Pantheon
The Majesty of the Night Sky
The Loss and Curse of Reverence
In the Wordless Chamber
Inno a Satana
Opus a Satana (beginning)

ENCORE:

I Am the Black Wizards
Opus a Satana (end)

Couldn't have asked for more, really. Excellent setlist.
Lots from the first album, which is cool, but no "Ye Entrancemperium"??!!! That's a crime! :/