Anyone going to the philly show?

the snow will stop falling heavily by 11, and stop completely by noon. or so says weather.com...

this could turn out to be a hell of a day...no school tommorow i'm hoping, which makes my life a shitload easier...and this show all the better.

Weel for whoever does go, i'll be the guy in the pantera shirt, same as i was at ozzfest...(i went to the one up in holmdel, the second one...the first one ozzy didnt make and the hottest day of the fucking summer...103 if i remember right...of course maiden had an extended set which made everything worth it but fuck it was hot...anyway...)

So i'll see you all there...

And think about it this way: If they can get to the record store by 5:30, they can get to the venue before the show starts...even with snow, the bus would have to break down twice for them to miss it. And for you guys...well i hope you can all get there, cause this will be one show that no one wants to fucking miss...

Yeah, I've been feeling a little bit better about the weather since people have been telling me it'll get plowed in time and whatnot (I'm from Hawaii, I don't know this shit!)

How early are you guys going?

Well, let's look at it this way. They are in Washington D.C. right now, major city in the US. They are going to Philadelphia, another major city in the United States which is very close (good news). I'm sure the bus will take roads that are very heavily travelled meaning they will receive a lot of attention by road crews (though I'm not sure how good they are in Maryland). If they leave for Philly right after the show is done tonight, they should easily get in Philly by noon tomorrow. Plus I think Philly is only being predicted for 2 to 4 inches of snow. Worse thing I can see happening is the signing session gets cancelled, but I'm pretty confident the bands will be in Philly to play tomorrow.

I'm not sure what time I''m going to get there, but I'm not going to rush since I don't really carea bout the opening bands. I think last time I got there at about 530 and had a pretty awesome spot in the line, but I don't know if I'll get there that early this time.

depends on if i can get to the signing or not. if i can i should at the signing right about 5:30, and then i'll hang out there till like 6:30 and start the long hike to the venue.

If not i'll just try to get to the venue at 7 when the doors open...i'm not standing out in the cold to get into a show that doesnt matter if you're the first one in or not...

PLEASE SOMEONE! my friend needs a ticket! we've missed bodom the last three times they've been in philly. and they sold out once again (because theyre just so good of course). If you're at the show tomorrow and for some reason are not able to go, we'll pay you for your ticket! email me at 1605life@ c o m c a s t . n e t.

hey all..to who is going to the philly show tonight at the troc....i ahve 3 fucking tickets...one for myself...2 free....i need a ride....i live like ony 20 mins south of philly...in brookhaven....near chester.....please if anyone has some friends/girlfriend etc...that needs a ticket...help me with a ride...i missed bodom llast yr for sumialr reasons...the ticket(s) would obvisouly be free of charge and i will willing to throw you some gas money....please....http://www.myspace.com/metalsean
aim: obliviousofdeath
my name is sean

i dont have a cam to take pics but i'll post a review tommorow...

...why does this day seem to be taking forever to go by...?!!!

WhiteTiger said:
i dont have a cam to take pics but i'll post a review tommorow...

...why does this day seem to be taking forever to go by...?!!!

I know it's killing me. The worse part is going to be standing in line in the cold.

DUDE!!!! my friend needs a ticket. We may be able to possibly give you a ride. e-mail me - 1605life@ c o m c a s t . n e t. and also give me your address and phone# so i can mapquest it. But dont get your hopes up! If this does work out however, we may not be able to give you a ride back.

Just got back...HOLY SHIT...what a fucking show. We missed Amon Amarth because of the long fucking lines at the signing...and i'm still pissed about that.
Trivium was a fucking joke. All the trivium fans went up front, and they had a lot more fans than i expected. The people behind me kept starting "You suck" chants, and eventually someone spat on the front guy and he got so pissed off and asked the guy to raise his hand, and so everyone (even the trivium fans) put their hands in the air...even I (in the back at the time) put my hand in the air. They got so pissed off...The only good part about trivium (besides the comic relief) was that they did a cover of Walk by Pantera (pretty well too...and i gotta admit just about everyone was into it) They ended their set with what sounded like the intro to Metallica's Ride the Lightning, which was also pretty good...And they had no stage presence what so ever. They just stood there headbanging every few seconds, and the rest of the time they just looked like idiots...even if some of them are actually pretty talented...yea i'll admit it...but the music still sucked (with the exceptions that i already mentioned) In all, the highlights of their set were songs that they didnt write...pretty insulting if you ask me. And let's not forget the guy getting spat on and all the "You suck" or "Fuck Trivium" chants.

Children of Bodom were fucking amazing. The duel was fucking amazing...the keyboards were especially great. My favorite Bodom song, Sixpounder, was played second (again) and everyone seemed to be into it...but not as much as i thought they would...guess it was an off night or something.

Anyway, the show was amazing, but i dont have the full setlist or anything...so go bother someone else about that. If my dad would have let me bring my new mp3 player, i could have recorded it or something...but i dont have any audio or anything.

Great fucking show, just pissed that we missed Amon Amarth...fucking lines at the signing place...

Anyway i'm tired like hell so i'm off for the night...

I was there Children of Bodom were amazing I was one person from the very front and dead center. I got a pick from Alexi and a ton of great pictures ill post them some time over the weekend.

Trivium was such a joke their singer stopprd the concert for a while to ask who spit on him and kept telling everyone to make a pit.

Shit.

That was the most amazing show I have ever been to. Amon Amarth was astounding, Trivium was fucking shitty and full of assholes, and Children of Bodom were just spectacular. It was better than any of the videos or live footage I've ever seen. I can't even put it into words, especially not right now.

We didn't make it to the signing because we heard how goddamn long the lines were. BUT...we stuck around a while after the show, and managed to meet all of the guys, as well as get photos and signatures from them all. They're the greatest people and were really sweet about it and hung out for quite a while! It totally made up for not being able to see them at the signing. My boyfriend brought his huge Something Wild poster flag, and asked Alexi "Would you please sign your face?" and Alexi laughed and said "RIGHT ON THE FOREHEAD!" and signed it and all in all it was fucking awesome.

An excellent night!

Trivium had too many fans there to give them the booing they deserved. The bastards somehow also managed to somehow get to play some of Dimebag's actual guitars. Their bassist is one of the biggest homos ever. I was hoping their lead singer would've actually came down into the crowd after the set to try to start shit, but I knew he was just talking. And did he really think someone was going to raise their hands after saying "which one of you did it you're going to get kicked out?"

Anyway, fucking Bodom levelled anything, the intensity was so high, I think the crowd was feeling pretty dead by the end of their set. The pits were intense, the setlist was awesome, only 4 songs of AYDY.

TowardsDeadEnd said:
Trivium had too many fans there to give them the booing they deserved. The bastards somehow also managed to somehow get to play some of Dimebag's actual guitars. Their bassist is one of the biggest homos ever. I was hoping their lead singer would've actually came down into the crowd after the set to try to start shit, but I knew he was just talking. And did he really think someone was going to raise their hands after saying "which one of you did it you're going to get kicked out?"

Anyway, fucking Bodom levelled anything, the intensity was so high, I think the crowd was feeling pretty dead by the end of their set. The pits were intense, the setlist was awesome, only 4 songs of AYDY.

I didnt think Trivium was that bad, they did excellent on the tribute to dimebag playing the insane solo to "domination" and doing a cover of some of "walk". Enough of Trivium But BODOM, they were amazing...every single song was performed so good and couldnt of have been better..theyw were perfect but i remember i think in the solo of silent night, bodom night he messed up with acouple of notes but he managed to get the solo perfect after that. yes 4 AYDY songs were played, and those were the only ones i liked off the album, the rest im not interested in . bodom is the best.

The show was definitely fucking amazing. This was the 5th time that I 've seen em, second headlining show since last year and Farmingdale and they definitely did not fail to live up to expectations. They put on a great fucking set and played some awesome songs (Follow the Reaper was so sweet).

As usual, I dunno why people waste their time at the signing when you can just meet them old school style after the show. Heh, I mean it's free, it's more personal and you can actually chill with the band for awhile if you play your cards straight and not run up and go "OMFG CHILDREN OF BODOM YOU GUSY ARE MY FUCKING IDOLS" and proceed to call them by their wrong names, or what your interpretations of them are. They're def cool guys. Very chill. Janne and my friend Matt the merch guy kept hugging my girlfriend haha it was hillarious. But yea, it was fucking great, can't wait for te next tour. :headbang:

Note: They played We're Not Gonna Fall, Are you Dead Yet, Living Dead Beat, In Your Face