Anyone going to the record show this weekend? Hillside, IL

I certainly hope so.
Its usually worth going for me for PLANET METAL alone.
I would be in serious trouble if I still collected vinyl.

Last show I was at there I saw the original pressing of the first VIRGIN STEELE on vinyl!
I am sure that has to be worth something.

I went to the one back in January, and yes Planet Metal was awesome as always and Chris hooked me up with a few things for my distro. I just find it hard to find anything metal related their though, alot of those guys don't section off what they have by genre and it makes me very frustrated to have to go through everything in there section while people get to close to me or try squeezin by me. I didnt find too much metal but then again i didnt dig through everything because after 3 hours I had enough and left haha But I did pick up a copy of Nuclear Assault - Good Times Bad Times promo single (different than the retail single) for only $8.

I can't go this time, but are these things usually vinyl only or is there CDs too?

Everything.....
Its now called a vinyl convention because that's what's hip again.
There is a lot of vinyl, but also a lot of CDs.

Planet Metal is there, as well as Mark from Metal Haven selling off some of his remaining stock. There is this one good prog vendor there too if that's your thing. Then there is always the random metal vendor from out of town who shows up once and never again. So bottom line is you never know what you will find.

Sometimes there are bootlegs too.

I always enjoyed going many years back. Lots of stuff you come across that you would not think you would.

Mark from Metal Haven has been getting some new stuff in here and there as well.

Yeah I'd say about 75% vinyl/25% CD. I find a lot great records both heavy metal and prog/psych/rock. Always pick up a few things from Planet Metal too!

I picked up some cool Helloween Vinyl last time (Live in the UK and also the Dr. Stein 12" single).