anyone got a podfarm bass presets?

Put

May 9, 2007
www.myspace.com
Hi there,

I've been struggling to get a nice bass sound.
I use something close to the andy preset that's up on this site.

Has anyone got some tips or a preset to go along with that particular preset.
I know it's all pretty relative but hey....... IM DESPERATE!

I'm mostly only running the "Rock Classic" amp model, with the Ampeg 8x10 cabinet (should be the default for that amp) set to 0% room, using the RE20 mic model. Use Vetta Comp in front of the amp, SENS and LEVEL 100%. On the amp settings put the DI Blend at 9%, 0 Delay, and the only other setting I change is the drive I usually turn up just a little bit. Then an EQ after PODfarm, typical EQ for bass (tidy up the low end, maybe take a bit of mids out, boost 2k-ish or so). Finally, a limiter squashing an average of 10dB or more and then set the track volume to taste with the mix. Here is a clip of me using this chain.

Egan: Damn I didn't think about adding a guitar amp! For guitars I use the dual-tone feature but for some reason it never occurred to me to do it with bass too, haha.

wow, thanks for the response guys, looks promising.
Ill be home again tomorrow, will try, will be the first recording of my 21st year of living btw! I ll make it count ;) :kickass:

I use a Ibanez sr505 btw.

Keep it dynamic! ,
Ruben

Really can't over emphasize how much new strings improve a sound.
I usually split the bass DI into two signals and have a high pass filter then one POD Farm plugin with the Modern Rock Bass sound for the high end, then a generic Logic Bass Amp sim for the low end, sounds pretty sweet!

pretty much using the bass expansion presets, i like the Garden Fresh preset. Works well with active-pups bass.