Anyone have any idea why the B2031A Truths are apparently worse than the 2030As?

Harry Hughes

  ‬‬
Apr 25, 2009
It's weird, I just read plenty of reviews, plus reading old threads on here, and people say the 2031As are worse.
The 2031A just looks like a bigger version of the 2030A, so surely it's just the same design, just bigger?
What went wrong with the bigger version to cause it to sound worse?

I was considering ditching my 2030As for the bigger ones, but I wont now that I've read they are on par with some Genelec monitors and I'm thinking of grabbing a set of the Truth 3030 series monitors instead.

1)there's no way that any of those behri's are on par with genelec 1030/1031's. those are the speakers that behri ripped off in making the 2030/31, but it doesn't mean they're at all on the same level

2nd, cheaply designed and made 8" drivers will often sound worse than cheaply designed and made 6" drivers because they naturally produce a lot more bass, and end up sounding a lot flubbier in the low end

3rd, behringer QC is so shit that there's probably variations from speaker to speaker...one pair(or even a single speaker) of one model might sound ok, while another sounds like poo

Yeah, having owned B2030A's and having mixed with 1030's or 1031's (didn't check which they were), the difference is pretty clear. They look the same but the sound is completely different.

I thought about the same when I still had the B2030A's, but when I heard the B2031A's I didn't like them very much, so I decided not to switch them. I ended up getting HS80M's instead, which I'm liking a lot. Nice bass and very clear mids, which both I had problems with when I still had the B2030A's.