Anyone have good Blackmore clips?

AdamWathan

Apr 12, 2002
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I found a Blackmore today used for a good price and am in the process of buying it, but upon doing some searches here and other places I've found some mixed opinions that are making me a little cautious :erk: I've got a 5150 right now that I love and was sort of expecting the Blackmore to be even better, so if anyone here wants to chime in that would be awesome... I'd really like to hear some cool clips too if you have any, most of the old links were dead.

Also, was going to start another thread for this, but is there anything else you guys think I would be better off adding to my arsenal than the Blackmore? My other consideration was a Single Rectifier... I have a feeling I might be able to get a broader range of sounds out of a 5150 and a Single Rec than I would the 5150 and Blackmore, plus the Single Rec is about $400 cheaper. I figure Andy seems to be able to get the best guitar sounds I've ever heard just using 5150s and Rectifiers so I don't really need anything else, but I've always had GAS for an ENGL and the Blackmores don't come up very often used... I'm just afraid I'm going to end up liking the 5150 more and feel like I blew $1200...

Well you'll get a +1 from me on GAS for an Engl and the fact that they're rarely available used - I've heard enough positive testimonials on here to say go for it, I would in a freakin' heartbeat! And if you did wanna whip around and sell it, I doubt it'd be at a loss :)