Anyone heard Furze?

~Derek~

Sep 9, 2006
Tennessee
Anyone heard Furze, a Norwegian one man band recently signed to Candlelight? I looked for a MySpace, didn't have one, I read an article on them in Metal Maniacs and was curious to how they sound, so I thought maybe someone here has heard them.

I listened to their UTD album quite a while ago...so I don't quite remember everything. I know the album had a 'rough' rehearsal/demo style production (but good/clear) and the album overall, was a bit odd/unique, and it was Darkthrone-influenced. I didn't really care for it though.

I also listened to UTD, but a little more recently, and I wasn't impressed enough with what I heard to remember it very well. I'll probably listen again at some point though.

Yup, I downloaded a few albums a while ago, but I still haven't gotten around to listening to them yet.

I also just found out that the albums I have are missing tracks...sometimes I hate DC++ users. They either kick you or give you nothing to work with :erk:

I know V5 loved UTD...I got in an argument with him once because I thought (and still think) the album's shit. but whatever

I hate they don't have a MySpace like most bands, someone should make a fan one with MP3's, but they are on Candlelight so sometihng must've been right.

I listened to most of UTD when the promo came it and thought it was shit. Not just bad, but intentionally bad, smirking asshole nonsense that never should've been recorded much less signed, produced and marketed as black metal.

Just my 2¢ based on a single listen of as much as I could stand listening to before ripping it out of the stereo.

Z.D. apparently felt the same when he reviewed it:

http://deadtide.com/reviews/albums/page.php?id=3795