anyone heard panteras power metal album?

yes! power metal! great album!

all before that .. without phil, just bad

I, however, like Trendkill, though reinventing the steel does suck

When I lived in Houston many years ago, the singer in my band was a guy named Matt who claimed to be the singer for Pantera before Phil joined. I couldn't imagine this, since Matt was more of a straight forward hard rock singer, rather than a metal guy. Sure enough, he showed me video of a gig with them playing a club in Dallas doing a bunch of covers, including some old Metallica. He was telling the truth. Let me say that Pantera was NOT very impressive back then.

try

CHRIST AGONY.....theyuseWDtype-poetry...........therebeyondparanoia,theydon't laymedowntosleep..hahaha

Phil and Rex will not talk to the band any more. Thet are to busy with there side projects.

Pantera had 4 albums befor CBFH.
http://metaltabs.com/band/1/
Power Metal - 1988

1. Rock the World
2. Power Metal - G
3. We'll Meet Again
4. Over and Out - G
5. Proud To Be Loud
6. Down Below
7. Death Trap
8. Hard Ride
9. Burnnn!
10. P.S.T."88"

Buy it!

I am the Night - 1985

1. Hot And Heavy
2. I Am The Night
3. Onward We Rock
4. D.G.T.T.M
5. Daughters Of The Queen
6. Down Below
7. Come - On Eyes
8. Right On The Edge
9. Valhalla
10. Forever Tonight

Buy it!

Projects in the Jungle - 1984

1. All Over Tonight
2. Out For Blood
3. Blue light Turnin' Red
4. Like Fire
5. In Over My Head
6. Projects In The Jungle
7. Heavy Metal Rules
8. Only A Heartbeat Away
9. Killers - G
10. Takin' My life

Buy it!

Metal Magic - 1983

1. Ride My Rocket
2. I'll Be Alright
3. Tell Me if You Want It
4. Latest Lover
5. Biggest Part Of Me
6. Metal Magic - G
7. Widowmaker
8. Nothin' On (But The Radio)
9. Sad Lover
10. Rock Out

power metal is a good album.
over & out, down below and PST 88 are pretty much pure speed metal.

and We'll Meet Again is just ballad-tastic.

Yes, I had POWER METAL on cassette and sold it on e-Bay for around $20. It was produced by/with Marc Ferrari of KEEL (anyone remember them), this kind of tells you what the albums like. I didn't like it at all, though it had some good vocal moments from Phil. No, it wasn't my cup of tea at all, but to each his own.

yeah i heard it a long time ago, my brother has it. pretty cool. at first i couldn't believe what i was hearing was pantera!!! too bad phil won't break out the power vocals anymore. he's got the scrungy bad ass whiskey drinkin' weed smokin' reputation to keep up....and goddammit pantera aren't broken up, psssshhhhhhh! hey and anyone who can get their ass down here for new years next year can come with me to dime and vinnie's new years party:D

and goddammit pantera aren't broken up, psssshhhhhhh!

hmmmmmmmmmm

When asked about the current status of PANTERA, Dimebag responded, "It's really weird, but this is the clear-headed, honest truth: [PANTERA/DOWN vocalist Phil Anselmo and bassist Rex Brown] up and left us hangin' and won't let us know their intentions or future plans. For the last 20 years, my brother Vinnie and I have put our heart and soul into PANTERA and we never thought this situation would ever happen to us. By now I thought for sure we would've done another record, but they don't seem to care how it affects Vinnie and I, or the road crew or, most of all, all the PANTERA fans that have been so fuckin' awesomely great to us for so long. We've made several attempts to talk to those guys and they keep putting us off. This is not a situation we've created — it's a situation we've been forced into.

AND

" Ok.. as i said, dont use my name because of legal purposes

For the last three years I have volunteered my time, and work to the well being of Pantera.com Leif, the owner, myself and a few others have dedicated our free time to making the bulletin board, and the site a free open place for all to post opinions, rants, etc. With little or no discrimination.

2 weeks ago or so, we were sent news of a lawsuit from concrete management. Suing for the site. Leif paid out of his own pockets for this site, and now Pantera is bringing him to court over it. It costs him $360 a month to run the site. And since it is add free, and Pantera does not pay a cent it is HIS site and HIS money.

Pantera suing their own fans?! YOU GOT IT. Metallica are sellouts? They mellowed out.. but do they sue their own fans? Let's look at the spectrum here....

Today, sadly this news has been confirmed by us, management and several other sources. Vincent and Darrell Abott have left Pantera to pesrue a new band called NFP (New Found Power) Hopefully, there will be a little more integrity, respect... and musicianship.

Sad day in heavy metal history. The one band who has stood for this genre, and stood by it. Has left it's side for the persue of $$$ and success. Goodbye Pantera, And good riddens."

also check this out : http://www.panterachat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=961256#961256

naw naw naw that's all just a bunch of BS that ppl got ancy about and got all hyped up! relax! i believe, in the bulletin board, "goddamn electric" explains it well. shit! new found power? *a side project*...nothing for anyone to piss their pants over!:D