Anyone heard the new Judas Priest song, "Revolution"?

Abryl

Six Super Bowl rings
Jul 9, 2003
Andi Deris' pants
www.myspace.com
I've heard it on the radio twice this week. It was very dissappointing, doesn't sound like a "We're back" track if you know what I mean. However, according to their site the record label picked the song, so probably and hopefully the rest of the album is a lot better.

Is already a song in radio? Damn I need someplace outside US to get it, anyone has it on SS or a known site?

sixxswine said:
I heard the track a couple of times on the classic rock "satellite" station...
If you're not a fan of the 70's era Priest you'll think it's bland & or boring.
If you dig the old stuff you'll shit your britches...
a065.gif

AND NOW WHICH STATION?

sixxswine said:
What the fuck is so funny anyway?!
Not funny you dimwit :p , is JOYFULNESS! If you're right and it smells like "Stained Class" or "Sin After Sin" I'm going to shit and swim on it :loco:

Somebody give me where to hear it! :yell: (online you jokers).

sixxswine said:
Wyvern my favorite jackass, here's a link ...
http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=21705
Late Swine, a collaborator in The Metal Gospel already showed me the way :p But thanks anyway ;)

Hawk said:
The song is in the style of "United" that is, it is *meant* to be a very commercial song.

Bingo! My appreciation is:

1) that the chorus is somehow strange because is kind of modern trying to be classic at the same time
icon_question.gif
2) the song is very, very vintage Priest. If i didn't know better I would say it came from the "Stained Class" era (maybe it is they probably have a zillion songs never recorded).
3) the solo is very nice, very classic and not what you heard in "Demolition"
4) the vocals are a mix of classic Priest and last Halford album which makes it again kind of
icon_question.gif

Final judgement: not bad, not good. The album still is promising but they're on the edge to be a winner comeback like Death Angel or a lame one like Megadeth (IMO). Let's wait for more music to filter on.

I hope they don't delay it more. The Priest freaking killed everyone with maybe the
small exception of Dimmu Borgir (and they payed respect to the Metal Gods in Cleveland!) at Ozzfest last year!!

The song's not bad, but it's not what I expected either. It's VERY commercial, and would have fit nicely on the crap record "Ram It Down".

There are NO 70s-era Priest references whatsoever. It's total commerical 80s Priest. Think Ram It Down but a better, slightly heavier production.

Halford's voice sounds killer, also.

I hope this isn't the best song on the album. I don't like the production at all. I jumped straight from Tad Morose to this mp3 and it sounds like it was recorded in a mud puddle. I hate noisy production.

Also don't see any 70s influences at all. Just mid to late-80s Priest mixed with a modern day nu-metal production style (reeks of St. Anger to me).

I'm not dismissing the new Priest completely, but this isn't a good first impression.

The song is pretty average, but the awesome thing about it is that unlike motley crue, skid row, and a million others, it doesn't sound like modern radio bullshit. It's a comeback single that sounds like an oldschool Priest single, like "Take On The World" or "United". A good omen for what's to come on the new album.

I am not blown away by it but I like it. It clearly has radio written on it. I see the whole "United" thing that everyone is talking about but I do hear a little bit of Stained Class era Priest in it which is awesome. I am looking foward to the rest of the album.