Anyone heard the new Judas Priest song, "Revolution"?

IcedMadness said:
I like it. I am looking forward to this new album aswell as the return of 80's style metal once again.

If the rest of the new Priest album is in the vein of Revolution, it's fine by me!
I find the song to have some 70s era Black Sabbath influences, nice flashback. :)

I think it's alright. To echo what everyone else has already said, it's got a very vintage Priest sound to it, and while the chorus kind of has a modern tinge to it, overall the song sounds like something from Hell Bent For Leather or British Steel. Overall, not too bad.

Although this tune isn't their best work, I feel that the album will slay us! Halford's last two records were heavy as f*ck. And although the song writing was lame on the two Ripper-era Priest records, they were heavy, as well.

With that said, I think we can expect a heavy Priest record. This first tune is being released as a single. Perhaps the label demanded such a tune from them? So what. At this stage of their career, I doubt that Rob & the boys will release a sub-par album. There's too much at stake.

I do hope, however, that the record does have a 70s sound. Although their 80s work was great (most of it), and Painkiller was strong, their 70s records will always be their defining moments, IMO.

sixxswine said:
And just think this disc will have a bonus dvd?! I can't wait!
the first pressing of the new Judas Priest cd will indeed have a DVD with it. On the DVD will be a part of their concert given last year in Barcelona! :headbang:

I will be waiting for the doors of the cd store to go open when the album is released!
w00t.gif

Hawk said:
the first pressing of the new Judas Priest cd will indeed have a DVD with it. On the DVD will be a part of their concert given last year in Barcelona! :headbang:

I will be waiting for the doors of the cd store to go open when the album is released!
w00t.gif
Haha, I may have to call out of work that day to be at the record store first thing to buy it. Now that would be metal.

KMADD said:
Hey Zepplin nice The Wall picture! It's a shame that Korn totally fuck that
song up!! :puke:

:lol: :lol: They did?, shit I don't even know they did a cover. There's another raped r&b version of Comfortably Numb out there as well, that's totally unacceptable :puke:

Dude it's a horrible cover of the wall. Waters and Gilmour should sue their sorry asses
for making it a shitty hip-hop version of the classic. Hell they even covered a cameo
song pretty scary huh? And rumour is that there going to cover Morbid Angel's God
Of Emptiness. christ I hope not!

I never had much respect for bands that does covers and as for Korn, I think Untouchables wasn't too bad, I've never even bothered with the latest album cause I couldn't give a shit for all their Daddy issues...

Korn made a version of Pink Floyd? I hate those guys but now I want to cut them into pieces
g070.gif

I still can't understand where people hear old Priest in it :erk: sounds more like Jugulator-era to me.

I'd rate the song 6.5 out of 10 myself. It's good to hear a few new tricks - the bass intro, stop/start rhythm, the multi-tracked chorus. I knew Priest would pull some new tricks with this album...but then new stuff is kinda pointless if the material sucks! :loco:
While it isn't really a bad song, I wasn't too impressed by the chorus taking up most of a song. Even considering it's a radio track, I WANT MORE!!!

So, at the end of the day...it's fine, it's listenable, and I just know the album material will trump not only this song but every other band out there. It's like Iron Maiden - their singles are cool and work as tasters but the real meat is on the album! I can't help thinking this song will become addictive in the live arena though :D