Anyone heard this? (Happy Kitties, Ron's first project with Bobby)

Killer stuff! Only 2 songs have vocals - 'In Mind' with Mike Grotheus and 'Hammer At The Ready' with Jason McMaster. The most mind blowing track is 'Ants On My Windshields', a ~10-minute piece that ranks up there with the best Ron has ever written.

The full track listing is:
- Ants On My Windshield
- Let's Eat Glass
- Fishes On Leashes
- In Mind
- Hammer At The Ready
- The Slow Song
- The Funk Song
- Tri-Vivace

Actually, I'm glad those recordings were brought up here. What's happening is I am running out of copies of 'Solitarily Speaking...' and I need to reorder VERY soon. I am thinking about making a double CD of 'Solitarily Speaking...' and 'PHHHP!'. 'PHHHP!' was never released as a 'real' CD, so I'm trying to decide what would be the best thing to do. Just get more copies of SSoTC?, finally get copies of PHHHP!, or package the 2 together and maybe include the Happy Kitties recordings as some sort of bonus material. Decisions, decisions...

Ron

Just to clarify a few things.

- Ants On My Windshield (currently appears as the last track on PHHHP!)
- Let's Eat Glass (I remember this title, but don't remember what song it is)
- Fishes On Leashes ( a song I wrote when I was going to audition for Fates Warning. Originally it was recorded without drums, Bobby later added them)
- In Mind (Happy Kitties)
- Hammer At The Ready (Happy Kitties)
- The Slow Song (A song that was written for Mike Varney's "Spotlight" column in Guitar Player magazine)
- The Funk Song (Happy Kitties song that was never completed)
- Tri-Vivace (Another Mike Varney song)

You guys don't have "Die Bleeding"?

Ron

Just to clarify a few things.

- Ants On My Windshield (currently appears as the last track on PHHHP!)
- Let's Eat Glass (I remember this title, but don't remember what song it is)
- Fishes On Leashes ( a song I wrote when I was going to audition for Fates Warning. Originally it was recorded without drums, Bobby later added them)
- In Mind (Happy Kitties)
- Hammer At The Ready (Happy Kitties)
- The Slow Song (A song that was written for Mike Varney's "Spotlight" column in Guitar Player magazine)
- The Funk Song (Happy Kitties song that was never completed)
- Tri-Vivace (Another Mike Varney song)

You guys don't have "Die Bleeding"?

Ron

'Let's Eat Glass' is a crazy whammy bar piece; never even heard of 'Die Bleeding'! :OMG:

All those songs mentioned above should be added to 'PHHHP!' whether you end up doing a double CD of SSoTC or keep them separate.

I just listened to 'Fishes On Leashes' and 'In Mind' and those songs KILL!!! and the production is actually quite good (nice, fat guitar tone!) except for a bit of boom caused by the drums during the 'In Mind' intro. I'm sure that can be EQ'd out/corrected with today's technological possibilities.

Well I have SSoTC, but no PHHHP!, but I'd like to have PHHHP!. But if they're grouped into one package, I don't want to have to pay $30 for 2 cds, one of which I already have. But I wouldn't want Ron selling 2 different cds for the price of one....

How about a few of each? some SSoTC's, some PHHHP!'s and some combo edition, with the Happy Kitties on all of the PHHHP! discs. So people with neither of the cds can get their package; those with one cd can buy them individually, and Kitties goes on PHHHP! because I'm sure there are more people who have SSoTC without PHHHP!, than those with Phhhp! but without SSoTC (meaning there's more who would rather buy P! + Kitties, than SSoTC+Kitties). The only ones left out are the people who have both cds, but no Kitties. I don't know if having 3 different things pressed would be too expensive though. i hope this wasn't too confusing.

Hm, I need to go dig through my cassette collection (and get serious about converting that stuff to CD). I always thought the tape I got from Ron was called Tapes For Kittens, but it's been too damn long and I must be getting old...

Even owning both Phhhp! and SSOTC, I'm sure I'd order a new release again, anyway, with or without Kitties!