Anyone here capable of getting guitar sounds like these?

James Lugo <3
He always gets some of the sickest tones i have heard.

I got in touch with James about 3 separate times, but his communication seems a little slow to non-existent. It was really unfortunate because I wanted to try his service - but good communication is vital when I have so many projects flying around all the time. Things need to get done fast!

Anyway, really happy with what Eddy has done so far. Hoping to get the bands signed off on it.

It's been a long, long time since I could do one simple EQ plug-in and a compressor on a guitar track and say 'it's 90% there'. Usually I can only say that after I'm on my 12th plug-in, hahah.

I got in touch with James about 3 separate times, but his communication seems a little slow to non-existent. It was really unfortunate because I wanted to try his service - but good communication is vital when I have so many projects flying around all the time. Things need to get done fast!

Anyway, really happy with what Eddy has done so far. Hoping to get the bands signed off on it.

It's been a long, long time since I could do one simple EQ plug-in and a compressor on a guitar track and say 'it's 90% there'. Usually I can only say that after I'm on my 12th plug-in, hahah.

Nice! Can't wait to hear the finished result !

Soldano SLO100 + Boogie OS Cab = possibly the best head and cab combination of all time?
I can just imagine that would sound absolutely orgasmic to hear that setup in the room, goddamn.

Sounds really nice man, but not surprise, a good set of ears and knowledge combined with an insane setup has to bring nothing but the goods.
The amp just seems to have a great tightness about it, and this beautiful, even mid range with no nasty spikes or anything, just pure awesome.

Yeah Harry, it's a pretty great amp head. It does however have a prominence around the 2k area... that's what helps it really bite out at you in live situations, and is one of the reasons why many guitarists like it. In a recording oriented scenario this can cause conflicts with the vocal, so you have to subdue that range somewhat. It's a lot bitier with the Soldano cab too, the Mesa really rounds it off a lot more which is great.

And from memory yeah Guitar > SLO100 > Soldano cab is insane in the room. It wants to tear your head off.

Really excited. Definitely getting one album done with this tone... but I may push another through it... one I intended the SLO to go on from the very beginning, over a year ago. It's just so smooth - it lends itself near perfectly to how I mix guitars. Can't wait to get some Nebula tape saturation going on here, and maybe grab a Pultec clone before I'm done mixing to warm it up even more.

Yeah Harry, it's a pretty great amp head. It does however have a prominence around the 2k area... that's what helps it really bite out at you in live situations, and is one of the reasons why many guitarists like it. In a recording oriented scenario this can cause conflicts with the vocal, so you have to subdue that range somewhat. It's a lot bitier with the Soldano cab too, the Mesa really rounds it off a lot more which is great.

And from memory yeah Guitar > SLO100 > Soldano cab is insane in the room. It wants to tear your head off.

Really excited. Definitely getting one album done with this tone... but I may push another through it... one I intended the SLO to go on from the very beginning, over a year ago. It's just so smooth - it lends itself near perfectly to how I mix guitars. Can't wait to get some Nebula tape saturation going on here, and maybe grab a Pultec clone before I'm done mixing to warm it up even more.

Ermz try the CLA La3a on each guitar take.
It sounds stupid but you can simply use the electic guitar preset :D
If you want to get some space in the guitars try the waves api 550b (for fet-wall of guitars) or the waves v-series 4eq (for more creamy defined guitars)
The eqs before the comp.

Magic

LA3 is dangerous on metal guitars, because it releases so slow. Sometimes it can play havoc with faster chugga-chugga stuff. I prefer SSL in those instances, Randy-style. On pop stuff where it's mostly held chords the LA-3 can work great though. Sometimes I use the Overstayer comp on them too when I want a really gritty midrange.

In this case I think the real danger will be over-processing, because they sound so great with so little EQ. Will really try to limit processing as much as possible.

LA3 is dangerous on metal guitars, because it releases so slow. Sometimes it can play havoc with faster chugga-chugga stuff. I prefer SSL in those instances, Randy-style. On pop stuff where it's mostly held chords the LA-3 can work great though. Sometimes I use the Overstayer comp on them too when I want a really gritty midrange.

In this case I think the real danger will be over-processing, because they sound so great with so little EQ. Will really try to limit processing as much as possible.

I dont use the la3a for the compression but for the colouring.
it realy helps to put high gain guitars in the right spot of the mix.
funny the ssl never worked for me

I dont use the la3a for the compression but for the colouring.
it realy helps to put high gain guitars in the right spot of the mix.
funny the ssl never worked for me

the la3a is what cla recommends pretty often, yeah
he uses those for coloration (like most of his gear),
i think the hardware would even work a little better here, anyone tried that?
(an la3a is actually not that expensive)

;-) but i think you can get them for 1.700&#8364; at least over here.. i thought they were 1.200 or something, i was wrong...
poor mans way to do it would be print the tracks, as your only looking for the coloration...