Anyone here do band logos?

mts1979

May 3, 2006
Hey...so I'm in a band that has two graphic designers and one reformed graffiti artist, and between the 3 of us we can't come up with a fuckin logo. Sad.

If anyone on here does logo design for bands, or knows someone that does, we're kinda looking for new ideas. We don't have a whole lot of money, but we can come up with something for the right artist.

Link to my band's stuff is below. Thanks for checking this out.

I do promo pictures for bands and stuff...retouching so if anyone need cool promo pictures let me know!

I have a friend who does covers to records and logos, il tell him to post in this forum(He will probably borrow my account).

You said that you have three talented(?) persons in the graphic department in your band, but cant come up with a logo.... Maybe you just need the coordinator that brings your talent together. Taking your sig, I think your band name is TRIALS. Its a good and shorty name, so it shouldn't be too hard to make a logo for it. But what kind of a logo? I think it should show what kind of music the band is playing. Think of adjectives. See for example the logo for bands like Metallica, Soulfly, Slipknot, Pantera, KoRn and Machine Head. Pretty shraightforward, might be a little dirty or sloppy, heavy and bold as fuck, no bullshit, just like their music (which is of course highly subjectional and depends on the point of view, but they ain't country, y`know).

Also if you ask me, to support the textlogo, make a second logo that has only a picture with no text or just band initials (see eg. Machine Head, Soulfly and Slipknot from the above pictures). For example highly branded companies like Nike and McD are really good at this, but what makes it harder, is that you need to make the logo look like so that once people have seen it, they will remember it.

Hope it helps.

AudioGeekZine -- thanks for the link. I forgot about that site, but there's some badass fonts on there. In fact, I think I just saw the one from Dirge's logo...haha.

ahjteam -- i think you're on the same page as us as far as what it should look like. It's not that we suck at our day jobs, I think it's just that we're so INSIDE of our music, that it's hard to get a fresh perspective on the visual aspect of it. If that makes any sense.

I'm not even half-serious about this, but I'm bored today. :) Here's something I did in 5 minutes, probably not even close to the kind of logo you want.

trials1.jpg

Dude -- although that's not quite what we're looking for, it is pretty cool! Especially for 5 minutes of work.

Go to Deviantart and look for some people who do logodesign and are into metal.
That'll be the easiest way + plus you get an impression of what styles are possible.

There's a lot of awesome designers there.

Since you have graphic design dudes already, just get them to make A BUNCH OF FUCKIN' LOGOS on their own time by themselves. then get everyone together and discuss what you like and dislike about each design. take notes and get them each to use the notes as guidlines for a whole new set of logos. narrow shit down to what you like and then pick one. BAM.