anyone here in a hardcore band?

departed

Jan 2, 2010
London, UK
i've been asked to join a hardcore band as the only guitarist and will be required to write some stuff, thought i may as well give it a go as it's something new to try.

any other sneapsters in hardcore bands i can check out? i'm fairly new to the genre so any reference CDs for writing/mixing would be awesome also. i'm using madball's look my way at the minute - great sounding album production wise IMO

listen to the old stuff, Agnostic Front, Cro-Mags, Sick of it all, Madball to name the famous
ones. I just started listening to hardcore more serious again, there's some awesome stuff
and I would try it. If they don't like your stuff they can still fire you ;)

There 4-5 major hardcore groups:

1. sturgis core, low-tuned, dissonant breakdowns, newschool (for the fallen dreams, the ghost inside, emmure, legend)

2. melodic hardcore (defeater, comeback kid, the carrier, sinkin ships, hundreth)

3.NY-hardcore (madball, agnostic front, cro-mags, biohazard, pro-pain,terror)

4.the punk hardcore (gorilla biscuits, black flag, minor threat)

5.beatdown hardcore( thick as blood, first blood, throwdown(haymaker album), nasty, bury your dead)

You can compromise this into 3 groups.

1.the tough guys

2.the scene kids

3.the "real" hardcore kids

tough guys are after heavy breakdowns, groove, aggressive engery and the family idea

scene kids, look like emos, have the biggest ear plugs, are soooo super evil;)

the real kids, think that only the late 80´hardcore is the real deal, but they tolerate authentic bands like Defeater and the Carrier.

I think this sums it up

What about mathcore? More like metalcore + prog rather than part of the hardcore scene I guess?

THAT'S WHERE IT'S AT

local-ish hardcore, one of my preferences,
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIZynJ7tDL8&feature=related[/ame]

my buddy's band,

another one of my favorites,

cant forget NFG,

and last but not least, the KING.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, it depends what you mean by hardcore.

If you mean Sturge-core scene music then give my band a listen =] We have a self produced album that sounds okay and some new stuff that sounds better but isn't up yet.

listn.to/AllThingsShine

Check out For The Fallen Dreams, Born of Osirus, The Devil Wears Prada, Attack Attack!... but I'm sure you knew that =]

I tend to think hardcore and metalcore are different in a way where hardcore has more of the aggression that hardcore punk had and metalcore has a bit more of the lighter metal. I prefer metalcore but some bands deliver hardcore pretty well too. Parkway drive might be somewhere in the middle. Aswell as confession. Kinda hardmetalcore. And yeah, putting bands to genre sucksnand everything should be labeled as "this i like" "this is ok" and "this i dont like"

I totally forgot the question by now though.