Anyone here plays the piano? Or synths.

indecizo

Jun 11, 2011
I don't recall people posting piano or keyboard covers and stuff on this forum so I guess it's a good idea making a piano thread.

I wonder how many here do, maybe post clips or ideas in this thread.

I do! :headbang: Though generally people aren't very impressed with keyboards so I usually just do guitar/vocal stuff. I also have a hard time recording MIDI cause it never feels right for some reason... So I usually just go audio out of my korg M50

In this (original) song I play a few keyboard parts. I recorded them at the same time with video and made a little play through just for fun.

Cover of a symphony x tune where I did everything.. I played all the keys live here, too. I also had to program the drums which was a HUGE pain in the ass and I will never put myself through that again.
https://soundcloud.com/adonfanion/adons-symphony-x-prometheus

Last edited by a moderator:
That's amazing, how long have you been playing? I guess that the midi feel is because of some added latency?

I'm kinda embarrased of posting a clip because I just tested the sounds of my yamaha s500 through my pc speakers and they are god awful and I haven't looked cool sounding vsts.

Thanks!
I don't know. I picked up keys in middle school but never learned to read music.
Sonar X1 (the daw I use) comes with dimension pro which has some pretty neat synths actually.

synat.jpg

Yeah... :danceboy:

I'm hoping to learn, actually. Just this morning bought a 61key keyboard controller off ebay. Been wanting to get one for years, but i've been putting it off to buy more essential things, but I finally got round to getting one. I'm hoping it will help me with composing in a different way to how I usually go about it. Also, no more painstaking writing in MIDI by mouse/computer keyboard, I'll be able to just play it on the keyboard controller, saving time, and resulting in a more natural 'played live' feel (once I've practiced a bit).

Here's a video from a few years ago. My chops aren't quite up to that level these days, and unfortunately I don't have a lot of time [motivation] to get them back lately.

Last edited by a moderator: