Anyone interested in doing another COBOT "album"?

Well, my song is pretty much ready. Everything but the fast solo recorded. I even got the GP file done (Finally :D). Song structure and the style of different parts (As in fast/slow, melody/riff etc.) mostly came from Joonas. The song is slightly strange due to the beat changes but it has some pretty cool parts in it. Not my best one, but it isn't bad. Surprisingly good when you think about how I did it (Followed Joonas' instructions as much as possible with a few tweaks here and there).

Well when it's ready I'll definitely check it out. :D It's interesting tho, I think song structure is something that's deeply embedded with the intended energetic shifts in the music's soul, I'd say soundworld, musical ideas and structuring all go hand-in-hand.

not sure if ill join cobot but heres a quick rough draft of a song i made today. im not really good with the mixing or vst but its decent let me know what you guys think of it im good with all criticism

Last edited by a moderator:
im happy to do a thing with you autists yeah.

by happy to i mean everyone except joonas
by autists i mean joonas

xoxo

also holy FUCK this colour scheme looks like vomit. GG bodom. nice one great ideas choices colours you are the best this isn't terrible at all no way

not sure if ill join cobot but heres a quick rough draft of a song i made today. im not really good with the mixing or vst but its decent let me know what you guys think of it im good with all criticism

I like it. While listening I got the idea that it might work well to add a melody right after the first chorus. You also used my favorite trick at the end (Making a double chorus at the end and modulating the second one)! :lol: I do it so often that we've been talking about modulation inflation for a while now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems I missed the hype train for this, but I'm still down to throw something together. Someone get Ensi in here. Now that I finally have decent gear I can actually record and showcase my horrendous playing.

They have done four of them. I have all of them on my computer if someone is interested.

Link me these on steam or on here or something if you could. I don't seem to have them anymore.

I can't produce the song in technical terms. But I can design a song in terms of structure and what instruments are included in what sections, and use adjectives to describe the feeling of each section. It's everyone's personal interpretation what each section would sound like in terms of notes. But if someone would like to do it we would see whether my ideas are good or if I should shut up about Bodom. Of course it's not easy to write enchanting music of any kind, but it's surprising what you could do with structure etc.

You know what? I'll humor you and if you make a layout for a song I'll try to emulate it within reason.

I'm in if somebody needs help with rythm guitars or (guest) solo(s). But I'm not composing a song for my self. These days I have to much other things to do...
Would be cool if MrMan would also join, because he's probably the best guitar player I've ever seen in this forum.

I call dibs on this. I'm an arcane fanboy, notice me senpai.

im happy to do a thing with you autists yeah.

Autist, reporting in here. Find Ensi and let's make some cheesy, 200bpm ish melodeath song with tons of shredding and riffs and brutal lyrics about kangaroos and sandwich toppings. I think that's covering all of the essentials.

You know what? I'll humor you and if you make a layout for a song I'll try to emulate it within reason.

Here're Joonas' instructions:

"0:00 –
slow doom beat intro, slow riff, grand piano transposed very low-pitch

0:15 –
increases to medium slow tempo, with atmospheric guitar solo, keyboard background choir descending from medium to low pitch

1:00 –
intense orchestral hit seizes moment, ultra fast bass, beat goes about 140bpm, technical guitar (riff 2) starts

1:05 –
ultra fast double bass

1:15 –
verse 1: low grand piano supporting riff 2, 140bpm

1:30 –
instrumental chorus melody, 200bpm

1:45 –
verse 2: riff 3, 140bpm

2:00 –
riff 2, ascending keyboard choir while beat increasing to 200bpm, whispering vocals

2:10 –
doom riff 1

2:15 –
dark electro keyboard, 50bpm doom section with intro riff as background for a dark and epic guitar solo

3:15 –
verse 3: guitar (riff 3), ending in orchestral hit

3:40 – 3:55
instrumental chorus melody again for outro

This should be with black metal vocals, if any. Not exactly sure about how many bpm should be and the time gaps, just imagined from my head. It has two slow sections with slow atmospheric solo, some black metalish parts, and an instrumental chorus. (I'd personally like to do music with one doom metal guitar, one echoing lead guitar, and industrial keyboard elements - this is not intended to be 100% Bodom.)

The whole thing includes:
3 guitar riffs
2 solos
1 chorus melody
1 keyboard choir
1 dark electro keyboard section
5 drum patterns
"

I did a song based on them, but go ahead and make another one.

Btw this new forum sucks ass.

Couldn't agree more, still can't go on with it...so.. hyper modern...
And they should bring back the online user list on the top of the topics. Btw, this green pulsing beacon on the left is a bit annoying. Maybe I will search for the "reclamations" topic

Last edited:
So, after finding the right thread and reading 50 pages of bullshit (Took almost two hours! You can imagine I was getting bored by the end :D), I finally got all the names for the first album.

Lowberg - Bottom Of The Barrel
Flappy - Reprisal
Ensi - Do We Need This Thread
Mystique - Dusk Interwined
Tim Merrick - Slow Demise
COCOB - Ode To Spaghetti Carbonara
JMBullet & Crazy Chris - Chosen One
Dave - Blacken
Warheart - Resurrection Of The Dead

Can I hear that song?
It's still in recording/mixing stage. Arcane is making the drums and the fast solo. I've done my parts though I might re-record some parts to make them tighter. Problem is there are some parts that are pretty hard to play (Well, mostly it's one riff) and there's no guarantee that a re-recording of said riff would be any better than the current one.