Anyone interested in making a net band?

Dr_Extreem

The Good Doctor
Jul 26, 2004
Sydney
www.wayoftheextreme.com
hey peoples. I had a plan i thought some of you may be interested in.

What I need is this....

Lead guitarist (If you can sing that would be good too)
Bassist
Drummer
Myself as vocals and rhythm guitars
And a possible keys player.....
Even a female backup vocalist, a good one tho!!

What I was thinking was to get 4 or 5 different people from around the globe to make some music. I'd need a drummer who can record his own drums or just use fruity loops or some similar program. Bass and guitars are pretty straight forward with recording.
I thought maybe the drummer could make something, whatever he likes. Then send it off and we just add what we like as we go along, no actual composing. See what we can come up with...

Anyone interested?

I want to all be from different places! I'm from Sydney so that cancels Sydneians. America, and Europe would be awesome. Even From Japan, Either way, all from different places....

Peace my brothers

The Good Doctor

I could play the bass. But I don't have that much equipment. I've got a digital dual-band bass compressor that I can use as a DI-Box and plug the thing directly into my computer. The only thing I need is good recording-software.

BTW, are you THE Dr. Extreem from the HDR boards?

What are you planning on using for recording software?

This has been attempted before, but it lost interest outside of the posts of a few. :confused:

yeh the bass quip sounds good. As long as it's all recorded as tracks it'll be fine. I'm just using cool edit 2.1. Its old but it works good. I just put my marshall head thru to my audigy platinum card and its all good.

yes I am "Dr extreem" from the HDR forums. Devin is god!

Although I am currently using cool edit, I am soon getting my hands on Pro Tools for PC (which I think is over rated but still good) and I also use a little bit of Wave Lab for mastering. There's one i want but I forget what its called. Rob Zimola (Dungeon Producer) is using to record my bands E.P but I forget the name. meh!?!

I know this has all been done before and it may have gone wrong in the past because of "lack of interest". Then I highly recomend that you only join this if you are interested! Its not a hard game to play if you know what you are doing, so don't join in if you're going to be half assed about it.

Peace my brothers

The Good Doctor

sweet. Well i'm looking to get a small dumb from my bands site. That way we can leave whatever music in the dump. We can have planned songs and then just little bits we leave in there where you can add whatever you want to it. it'll be FTP aswell so heaps of people can join in.

There will be monitoring for any of you fucking geeks out there who put any virus's and whatnot. If you need to build your ego, go and achieve something. ... anyways....

I'll keep you posted about the dump access. Let me know whos interested and we can maybe discuss some ideas for what we want to make.... If it's Nu-metal, fuck off now. This is a MUSIC discussion area. Not a balldust discussion area.

Peace my brothers

The Good Doctor

TheMonkeysAteMySoul said:

I like man. I'd be glad to have you involved. Would you want to play lead though? I can play a bit of lead but we need someone better.

So, so far we have a bassist and vocals/rhythm geetar and if you play, Lead guitar.

If there's anyone out there who can record their own drums that would be splendorious! you could get some practice recording if you study audio engineering or whateva...

Otherwise, if we're only gonna play metal we can make the drums ourselves, its not that fucking hard. And if we make some nice slow pretty songs we'll get mr. clark to do that. I liked your jazz fusion song..

ok.... now what I need is webspace... It wont be too long. For now we might aswell use Angelfire. We can even make a shitty site.

What do you think? Gimme some feedback fellas!

Peace from Australia

The Good Doctor

Excellent! You have a very nice voice! ITs so good!! I'm listening now!! I love that rusky sound you have.

And the band is aweosmE!!! You guys fucking rule!!

Would you be interested in making a silly song with me? Its already half made I just need a female to duet with....

But yeh you would fit nice with this project... Just keep an eye on this post because I have a few things to organise before we begin. Unless we have someone to make the drums and bass now, you might aswell start making that while I organise webspace and what ever else I need....

I just bought an AUDIGY 2 ZS PLATINUM PRO. So im cheerin!

anyways, YES Freyja. I would be honoured to have your beautiful voice in our recordings! We'll work out what we can do together. "Dungeon" style music with a female backup vocalist. That'd be good....

Peace

The Good Doctor

Well seeing as all the instruments parts are already taken, I could write lyrics, or do growls, some clean vocals, fill in guitar parts. Thats about all I'm capable of. Ask for some kinda demo if your intrested. Thanks, see-ya.

Jack Damien said:
Well seeing as all the instruments parts are already taken, I could write lyrics, or do growls, some clean vocals, fill in guitar parts. Thats about all I'm capable of. Ask for some kinda demo if your intrested. Thanks, see-ya.

Sweet. Lyrics... I'm a shocker with serious lyrics. Silly is my thing. But i just want to see what I can do with some serious stuff....

All round metal. Lets set a few different metal genres and try to conquer each one.

normal metal
Hard rock/metal
Black
power
death
industrial (may need an industrial fiend to help us there)

Anymore??

Well doing each one might be a challenge. . .But I'll try. . . I kinda base my stuff from Death Metal (Opeth, old and new Katatonia, Forest Stream) but I can probably do it. By the way, I'll post a sample of me growling and singing cleaning so I might of some musical use.

I'm a drum'n'bass producer, but I listen to shitloads of metal. I basically only joined this forum to see if any metal bands were interested in remixes or collabs. If you guys are interested in using breakbeats and samples instead of real drums then I'm down.

I run a dnb netlabel (www.exegene.com - PLUG) and you can check out one of my tracks on there to see what I can do. This track was made using a couple of old James Brown breaks.

Auan - Galactus
Lower quality for 56k users

Obviously that's maybe too fast for metal unless you guys like thrash, but it's easy enough for me to go slow. So lemme know.