Anyone interested in this snare sample?

Jordon

Sep 14, 2008
Chicago
I tracked some drums today, and the snare was an Ocheltree Carbon Steel 14x5.5" snare drum.

Miced with an SM57 and 414 on top and a 421 on the bottom. The 414 was sent to a transient designer with a lot of attack and very little sustain for a lot of crack.

If you guys are interested, I can cut up the samples I have and put them in .gog's and whatnot. I have full multisamples with overheads.

I also have the kick (which was stacked with a random sample) and the toms.

Here's a clip of the song that was tracked today. This is a 100% real kit with the kick augmented by one sample just for a bit of extra click.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3463841/newsongclip1.mp3

Is the snare processed in the clip? I'm always down for new samples, but in the clip it sounds too beefy for my tastes.

It is processed in the clip. The 3 tracks were sent to a buss and hp'd at 100hz, slight cut around 500hz with a wide Q, and a slight boost at about 4khz, then they were sent to a compressor.

That's really rough, by the way. I just finished editing the drums and haven't really started screwing with the drums in a mix context. It's a REALLY big sounding snare with a lot of body to it.

.tci? Forgive my ignorance, is that the Trigger format?

I'll cut 'em up and post them later tonight for you guys.

I had a few people mention that the .gog files were not working for them. I've checked them in v4 and v5 on my end, and they appear to be working.

Has anyone else had any issues?