anyone know where to get SPD-S repaired?

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Almost a year ago we played an outdoor gig and before our drummer could get all his gear packed away, it poured rain on everything he had out, including the Roland SPD-S. Since then, the display screen doesn't show anything. He's been having to memorize his patches and scroll through blindly and hit the pad before each song to make sure he's on the right patch. We also cannot load any new samples onto it, as we can't see what screen we are on. And now it appears the Output jack is shitting the bed.

Does anyone know where we can send the unit for repair? The guys in my band are talking about selling it for cheap and buying some Alesis sampler, but apparently with that setup, we wouldn't be able to split L/R tracks for click/sample sending.

Almost a year ago we played an outdoor gig and before our drummer could get all his gear packed away, it poured rain on everything he had out, including the Roland SPD-S. Since then, the display screen doesn't show anything. He's been having to memorize his patches and scroll through blindly and hit the pad before each song to make sure he's on the right patch. We also cannot load any new samples onto it, as we can't see what screen we are on. And now it appears the Output jack is shitting the bed.

Does anyone know where we can send the unit for repair? The guys in my band are talking about selling it for cheap and buying some Alesis sampler, but apparently with that setup, we wouldn't be able to split L/R tracks for click/sample sending.
This may help or at least let you see what it looks like inside: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89619
I would open it up,disconnect and remove the display,and let it dry out completely.There is probably water trapped in there and it won't dry until the unit is opened up and aired out.