Anyone know?

Posse Leader

Spandex Clad Hero
Dec 24, 2004
I'm a big fan of Anthrax. Huge fan in fact if you take size into consideration... but recently debated with a friend who said that Anthrax was responsible for making "oi" popular. He then proceeded to hum the rythem of a song and sing "oi" in rythem. Now, I told him he was mistaken and even named the song, "I'm the Man", and pointed out that it wasn't "oi" but "not" that he heard. He said that he knew Anthrax was responsible for "not" but wouldn't budge on the "oi" thing. Did Anthrax do any "oi" songs?

Got The Time can be considered musically as an "oi" song. But it´s not Anthrax, it´s Joe Jackson actually.

I know that "oi" does mean "hey" in europe. I guess we would get it if we had more bar songs. As for Scott being a skinhead, I was always wondering if he was a SHARP? True skinheads aren't racists, that's a stereotype brought about by the Neonazi movement to confuse the two. It would be like saying that just because I'm white I'm in the klan or just because I'm a big dude, I like Hostess cupcakes. Does anyone know if Scott is a SHARP?

Though it is an acronym, no one ever actually punctuates it properly. S.H.A.R.P. is short for: Skin Head Against Racial Prejudice. If i didn't like having my hair long, I would be a Sharp. As it is, I should form a group L.H.D.A.D.A.R.P. or Long Haired Dudes And Dudettes Against Racial Prejudices. Or I could call the group S.H.W.R.L.H.A.R.P. which means Skin Heads With Really Long Hair Against Racial Prejudices.