COREY TAYLOR Will Not Sing On New ANTHRAX Album

^
I'm not sure if I'd go THAT far, but it would be a rather odd decision. I mean, he could sing Inside Out perfectly, but AIR? Indians? No. The band has to consider both eras of their music if they want to get a singer best fit for them.

I will admit that i havent came here in a bit due to the total bullshit that has happened to one of my favorite bands. But i will just say this....As i am sitting here to Volume 8, why the fuck did these guys try to go the reunion route and fuck over John Bush like that? They were making music that kicked ass, and was relevant to the times. So what if they didnt sell millions like Among The Living. They were making music that kicked ass. To me, i just think its a sad way to end a band in this type of way. I live in Chicago, and whenever they played, it was packed. Sure, it wasnt an arena, but fuck....it was great music. I grew up on Joey Anthrax, and yeah, i admit it took me awhile to get used to the change. But damn, when i got used to it, it kicked ass. WCFYA....that was a great record. When i saw them at the Dimebag concert, i heard rumors about the whole Joey thing, but i was just hoping that it was that, just rumors. It ruined everything, their momentum, the direction they were going, all of it. Fuck Corey Taylor. If you thought he was the savior of Anthrax, you were wrong. Their savior was the music they were making. Now what do they got? Nothing but pie in their face. I hate to say it, but just hang it up already. You messed two differant eras up now, do you need to even try to do something else. Whatever that may happen, its not Anthrax. Needless to say, i am totally disgusted by everything this band has done in the past three years or so. Bash me all you want, i dont really care. They ruined what they had going, and its time to call it a day. Volume 8, WCFYA.....those albums kicked some ass. Its just so sad to be sitting hear listening to Born Again Idiot, and know that i will never hear shit like this again. These guys were making some great fucking music, blowing the doors off of Metallica, Megadeth...hell even the newer Slayer. They adapted to the changes of time, and to see how it all turned out....total bullshit.

I will admit that i havent came here in a bit due to the total bullshit that has happened to one of my favorite bands. But i will just say this....As i am sitting here to Volume 8, why the fuck did these guys try to go the reunion route and fuck over John Bush like that? They were making music that kicked ass, and was relevant to the times. So what if they didnt sell millions like Among The Living. They were making music that kicked ass. To me, i just think its a sad way to end a band in this type of way. I live in Chicago, and whenever they played, it was packed. Sure, it wasnt an arena, but fuck....it was great music. I grew up on Joey Anthrax, and yeah, i admit it took me awhile to get used to the change. But damn, when i got used to it, it kicked ass. WCFYA....that was a great record. When i saw them at the Dimebag concert, i heard rumors about the whole Joey thing, but i was just hoping that it was that, just rumors. It ruined everything, their momentum, the direction they were going, all of it. Fuck Corey Taylor. If you thought he was the savior of Anthrax, you were wrong. Their savior was the music they were making. Now what do they got? Nothing but pie in their face. I hate to say it, but just hang it up already. You messed two differant eras up now, do you need to even try to do something else. Whatever that may happen, its not Anthrax. Needless to say, i am totally disgusted by everything this band has done in the past three years or so. Bash me all you want, i dont really care. They ruined what they had going, and its time to call it a day. Volume 8, WCFYA.....those albums kicked some ass. Its just so sad to be sitting hear listening to Born Again Idiot, and know that i will never hear shit like this again. These guys were making some great fucking music, blowing the doors off of Metallica, Megadeth...hell even the newer Slayer. They adapted to the changes of time, and to see how it all turned out....total bullshit.

I've been a fan since SOE in 88, and I gotta say man, you've summed up my thoughts exactly, as much as it saddens me to admit. If the band picks up from here I'll be totally still behind it, but that looks highly unlikely right at this minute, and I'm sick of hearing how the band is so much appreciative of its fans when that's blatent bullshit. Sorry. Fact.

OFGDO.....see ya.

+1

Agreed 100%

Ditto.

I'm with you all too. The only thing they can possibly do to make me care is if they convince John to come back.

Nah even then it wont feel right knowing all the bullshit that was before it. Wont feel any more real that the bogus reunion did.

^
I'm not sure if I'd go THAT far, but it would be a rather odd decision. I mean, he could sing Inside Out perfectly, but AIR? Indians? No. The band has to consider both eras of their music if they want to get a singer best fit for them.

c'mon someone from slpiknot singing in anthrax.....thats like gene simmons without his makeup, you know its not kiss but it reminds you of them

I'm Not going to bash you for the passion you feel! But I will say this, when Anthrax changed vocalists in 1985 to Joey it was a great addition and the change worked. When John joined the band it worked great too! With the changes made over the years nothing but positives have come from them! I just will not sit here and think that Anthrax is doomed because Bush is no longer in the band. I'm sure I have had my doubts but I continue to remember what Anthrax has done! They have rocked!!!!!:headbang: I will support Anthrax( Not BUSH) but Anthrax as a band not as a person or a vocalist!!!! I just don't think they will dissapoint!!!!! I will be enthusiastic about their next release as I have always been!:headbang:

c'mon someone from slpiknot singing in anthrax.....thats like gene simmons without his makeup, you know its not kiss but it reminds you of them
I guess you have a point. It would remind me of Slipknot. And SMP840 has a bit of a point too, and a very well-presented one. I don't agree with all of it, but it is a good point. Anthrax have dug a very deep hole for themselves indeed.

Anyone else have a feeling that they're waiting till either Joey or John comeback before they make their next move? I have a feeling there just waiting for one of them to move forward.

As much as the majority of the people on the board don't want Corey in the band, you don't realize what that would do to expanding the audience. The problem is that it could potentially turn a lot of people away already. Can the band afford that?

Anyone else have a feeling that they're waiting till either Joey or John comeback before they make their next move? I have a feeling there just waiting for one of them to move forward.

Could be.

[/QUOTE]As much as the majority of the people on the board don't want Corey in the band, you don't realize what that would do to expanding the audience. The problem is that it could potentially turn a lot of people away already. Can the band afford that?[/QUOTE]

The band also survived after Bush joined even though sales-wise it possibly didn´t turn out the way it was planned.

To answer vmr, sometimes it does feel like that. If that's the case, though... then they'll be waiting a hell of a long time! :lol:

How is he a douche?

Anyway, I might have gave him a chance, but... I seriously don't think he would've done a good job.

I wonder why they needed his help to write songs, when Charlie and Scott have been doing it for, well, ever? Just for some original ideas? I'm a little afraid that we'll see some of Corey's "YOU (insert swear, preferably something to do with "fucker", here.)!!!!!!" in a few Anthrax songs now... :lol:

I wonder why they needed his help to write songs, when Charlie and Scott have been doing it for, well, ever? Just for some original ideas?

Probably, yeah. Think about it. Every possible idea that can be done in music has been done. The trick is to make it SOUND new and original. You can't do that with the same two guys for over twenty years. You need to bring in a fresh perspective now and then to mix things up a bit.

I totally agree with SMP840's comments above.

Personally, I think Corey Taylor has a great range of styles of singing, and I also think he's quite close to John Bush's vocal style. However, what would really make the most difference is a permanent singer, a solid line-up and a sense of direction again. SOWN, Stomp, Vol8 and WCFYA could have been followed on so well if only they hadn't gone down the cash-cow reunion route (which turned out not to be a cash cow after all...)

Still, if those four albums are all that ever exists of the Bush-era Anthrax, then hey it is 4 better albums than most bands make and also a great way to get that little bit extra Dimebag in your life -cos he certainly ain't gonna play on any more Anthrax records :(

Probably, yeah. Think about it. Every possible idea that can be done in music has been done. The trick is to make it SOUND new and original. You can't do that with the same two guys for over twenty years. You need to bring in a fresh perspective now and then to mix things up a bit.
True. I kinda posted before I thought it through, cause I'm impulsive like that. :p Very good point. (Also, I think they should give the other members of the band more of a chance to do something too... they didn't do that much and I bet they can offer something good to the table.)

~NP: Iron Maiden: Seventh Son; whole album~