COREY TAYLOR Will Not Sing On New ANTHRAX Album

I just hope it isn't that guy from Ugly Kid Joe. What a disgrace that would be. Teaming up with the guy who's famous for a shitty cover version of a Harry Chapin song and "everything about you." Oh, he did have a cup of coffee with Life Of Agony.

I just hope it isn't that guy from Ugly Kid Joe. What a disgrace that would be. Teaming up with the guy who's famous for a shitty cover version of a Harry Chapin song and "everything about you." Oh, he did have a cup of coffee with Life Of Agony.

Wow, that would be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

You sure they're not gearing up for a VH1 "reality" show like the INXS thing?

I just hope John forgives and eventually comes back to move forward and followup WCFYA. I was so shocked when they didn't do that to begin with...everyone seemed to look forward to what they were doing next and the live shows were some of their best ever.

I agree that the only thing they can do that would lead to anything good was to have john back.

I do have a question. What big things were they accomplishing with John? I love WCFYA like everyone else but people seem to make it sound like they were getting huge tour opportunities.

It won't matter who they have as front man as long as 1 key factor remain:

1. they keep making poor decisions in everything they seem to do whether it is record label choices, what they say on the internet,etc.

Testament may never get as big as they were in the past during the prime time of thrash but look at them. They may have taken a long time to make a new cd but they hooked up with Nuclear Blast. They have a solid lineup.

by the way, Death Angel even have a new cd on the way.

What is the latest Anthrax update?:Smug:

i am still quite happy with coreys involvement,that cant do any harm on them,i just hope we get a cd in 08,i will be dissapointed if its another long wait!

I do have a question. What big things were they accomplishing with John? I love WCFYA like everyone else but people seem to make it sound like they were getting huge tour opportunities.

Making great music and being such a badass live band is an accomplishment in itself, whether record sales followed or not. They could have released Back In Black and if it was on Sanctuary Records, it wasn't going to sell. That label is fortunately long gone now.

Nobody mentioned huge tour opportunities - however, everytime they came through Ohio, both headlining and not, the shows were completely packed (Toledo being the one exception - but they had never played there in their entire career, before or since - so they never built up a fanbase - and people from Detroit didn't make the drive because it was a Tuesday night). Other than that one show, the shows were packed - maybe not 100% sold out but so what? Yeah, they were club shows - but even bands who sell a lot of records such as Disturbed play clubs...it takes a bunch of big bands together to play an arena anymore. You could have a number one single and still be playing clubs. It's the nature of the industry. And what shows did the reunion have that were any bigger than the WCFYA tour? None. Sure, they played some big festivals overseas - but they always play those festivals overseas. They did on the WCFYA tour. Even smaller bands do.

I agree that the only thing they can do that would lead to anything good was to have john back.

Thats it exactly, Anthrax werent doing big things with John and i think that is what brought about the reunion with Joey and Dan. There was obviously more money involved in that than going back into the studio with John.

It was a struggle for Anthrax to find a record label and make Volume 8 and WCFYA and both of those albums as well as Stomp 442 never sold very well.

If John comes back and they do another album and it only does as well as the last few then what was the point really. Anthrax will be back struggling to keep a label and to finance the next album which is why getting someone like Corey Taylor to sing on your new record didnt seem like such a bad idea.

Corey Taylor singing for Anthrax would have been like putting Hubcaps on a Corvette.

Corvette Hubcaps

chv59s.jpg

are you retarded? whitfield crane is a very talented singer. you must have never heard an actualy ugly kid joe album

Making great music and being such a badass live band is an accomplishment in itself, whether record sales followed or not. They could have released Back In Black and if it was on Sanctuary Records, it wasn't going to sell. That label is fortunately long gone now.

Nobody mentioned huge tour opportunities - however, everytime they came through Ohio, both headlining and not, the shows were completely packed (Toledo being the one exception - but they had never played there in their entire career, before or since - so they never built up a fanbase - and people from Detroit didn't make the drive because it was a Tuesday night). Other than that one show, the shows were packed - maybe not 100% sold out but so what? Yeah, they were club shows - but even bands who sell a lot of records such as Disturbed play clubs...it takes a bunch of big bands together to play an arena anymore. You could have a number one single and still be playing clubs. It's the nature of the industry. And what shows did the reunion have that were any bigger than the WCFYA tour? None. Sure, they played some big festivals overseas - but they always play those festivals overseas. They did on the WCFYA tour. Even smaller bands do.

I wasn't saying the reunion was any better but my point is that it doesn't matter. their business decisions should be used in all college's around the country in what NOT to do.
The only part of WCFYA that was smart was that at least in Europe, they were covered by Nuclear Blast. That wasn't going to help them at all over here in the states.

Thats it exactly, Anthrax werent doing big things with John and i think that is what brought about the reunion with Joey and Dan. There was obviously more money involved in that than going back into the studio with John.

It was a struggle for Anthrax to find a record label and make Volume 8 and WCFYA and both of those albums as well as Stomp 442 never sold very well.

If John comes back and they do another album and it only does as well as the last few then what was the point really. Anthrax will be back struggling to keep a label and to finance the next album which is why getting someone like Corey Taylor to sing on your new record didnt seem like such a bad idea.

I agree. I won't say that they would jump to the top of the charts but you can tell they are reaching in all directions to keep the ship afloat.

unfortunately, I have. My ex used to spin America's Least Wanted a half dozen times a day. It's not a professional effort.

I kind of like that album- and I think the guy is a great singer. Check him out on the Motorhead anniversary (25th I think) gig singing "Born to raise hell" with Doro- there's more to the guy that Everything about you :)

I'm hoping for a return from Bush tho- that would be awesome- but whoever they get I look forward to checking the album out. :headbang:

I love Whit Crane...... but I'm not sure about him fronting Anthrax, he's one of the singers that I would give a second look though.

I wasn't saying the reunion was any better but my point is that it doesn't matter. their business decisions should be used in all college's around the country in what NOT to do.
The only part of WCFYA that was smart was that at least in Europe, they were covered by Nuclear Blast. That wasn't going to help them at all over here in the states.

The thing though, as far as a record label is concerned - it's really hard to pick when the music business is changing so much. In 2001, Megadeth got a lot of airplay and so did Corrosion Of Conformity's single "Congratulations Song" - there were a few artists doing fairly decent on that label - and it IS a metal label. Unfortunatly they got worse and worse...it's a hard thing to choose a label...nobody knew Sanctuary was turning itself into a sinking ship around the time that Anthrax signed to them. They just have bad luck in that aspect. Maybe had they had some management that researched things better perhaps it could have been better for them. But none of us were present when they made the business deals - so I don't know how we can blame them totally. Could have been collossal bad luck on their part - though maybe very doubtful. But yes - the reunion business is the worst decision I've seen any band make. At least how it was handled as far as not telling either singer what was going on and what the plan was - and alienating both the classic and current hardcore fanbases in the process.