Anyone like muse?

.Carnage

Dec 3, 2005
I think muse are an amazing band... Just cause they have a unique sound that is really catchy yet not repetative...and the guys voice is different then most.

Yes, I like what I've heard, but they really remind me of someone... can't quite think who... hmmmm....

I saw Muse in concert w/ RHCP and Foo Fighters one time. That was the first time I had heard 'em and they were pretty good but never really got into em.

There is something about muse that i really like.. not their 'rock-ier' type songs but some of the smoother parts of the albums just really work.. I think Showbiz is the one i like best but i can never really remeber the song names.. That being said i dont really know much radiohead so i cant comment on that matter..

Anyway i find it a little strange some of the bands that i really enjoy given my general preference for melodic death metal.. but then its not always about the genre

bizarrely i didn’t like it. i say ‘bizarrely’ because i then heard ‘newborn’ — well, saw its video on a music channel as i drifted in & out of consciousness late one night, and it changed my opinion of them forever. it sounded like an entire album compressed into one song, and they have grown into one of my favourite bands ever since. i like their absolution album most of all. it sounds beautiful, sometimes subtle, but mostly apocalyptic.

One my top 5 bands, Origin of Symmetry is their best cd.They really don't sound like radiohead on a little on showbiz and a little in singing. I know this for fact because I own 5 of radioheads cds (don't have Pablo Honey). Matt Bellamy I think is really good piano player and decent guitarist as well.

My favorite album by Muse is Absolution, but I haven't heard them all, I really enjoy the songs The Small Print, Stokholm Syndrome, Falling Away with You, Time is Running Out, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Cave, Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist. I think the bass is astounding on all their albums and the guitar playing is amazing esp. the solos, and the piano is not at all synthetic, very fucking CLASS act!

LuminousAether said:
Very good band. They are a bit too derivative of Radiohead for me to view them as anything truly special though.

Yeah but a over-the-top, influenced by Queen, Radiohead. I really like them.

every one of my friends has been hyping muse up to me, but i just never got aroynd to listening to them. maybe i'll give 'em a listen soon enough and get back to you.

I really can't listen to too much Muse without wanting to hit the singer, his style is just too nasal (even more so than Axl Rose, so you know how nasal that must be!).
However, I like most of their music, though their new album lacks energy and some of their old appeal I feel.