Anyone need to give up their Super 8 rooms?

metallicpoet

New Metal Member
Sep 16, 2008
I'm looking for a hotel room to attend Progpower from September 10-12. If anyone has decided that they aren't attending Progpower this year and want to transfer their reservation at the Super 8 from September 10-12, I'll be more than interested. Send me a PM and we'll talk business.

Thank you.

As a matter of fact, I can help you out with that - but not because I'm not going, I just found a roommate elsewhere. I'll PM you later on today when it's not 5:30am and I can dig up the relevant details.

All you people that need a good clean room, at a price you can afford? Might I suggest The Days Inn on Northside Drive about 2 miles from the venue. It is clean, reasonable price and has two nearby resturants. The prices are from $48 to $68 a night. We have stayed there the past 3 years and have had no problems whatsoever, a cab ride to the venue is $5.00.

The address is
1701 Northside Drive NW
Atlanta Ga

Phone: 404-351-6500
Fax: 404-351-8143

Thanks! I was going to start asking for suggestions from those who've stayed at a driving distance from the venue and how they liked it. Also 2 miles seems like a walk-able distance if it came down to it.

J-Man, did you hang out at the Artmore after the fest? I was wonderin' how hard it was to cab it back after having a few after the show?

It ain't hard at all, all you got to do is stand out there and a cab is bound to come by, or have the front desk call one. We didn't hang out at the Artmore, but some others did and they had no problem.

All you people that need a good clean room, at a price you can afford? Might I suggest The Days Inn on Northside Drive about 2 miles from the venue. It is clean, reasonable price and has two nearby resturants. The prices are from $48 to $68 a night. We have stayed there the past 3 years and have had no problems whatsoever, a cab ride to the venue is $5.00.

The address is
1701 Northside Drive NW
Atlanta Ga

Phone: 404-351-6500
Fax: 404-351-8143

I stayed there in 2005 (got it for $33 a night (split two ways) on Hotwire), but had some significant issues with the room not being clean and also some rather poor customer service. However, if I understand correctly, it has come under new management since then, so given your experiences the last 3 years, I imagine those concerns are no longer relevant. Still, I'd likely choose the Super 8 if a room is available there, since it's about the same price, and much closer in terms of walking distance. Walking from the venue to the Days Inn would be quite a hike.

I stayed there in 2005 (got it for $33 a night (split two ways) on Hotwire), but had some significant issues with the room not being clean and also some rather poor customer service. However, if I understand correctly, it has come under new management since then, so given your experiences the last 3 years, I imagine those concerns are no longer relevant. Still, I'd likely choose the Super 8 if a room is available there, since it's about the same price, and much closer in terms of walking distance. Walking from the venue to the Days Inn would be quite a hike.

Our Rooms have always been clean, although not as fancy as Residence Inn or Artmore, and I can't say enough about the new staff, they are awesome, and so friendly and courteous, and really make you feel welcom. there is a Waffle House attached to the Hotel and two or three eateries within walking distance. Yes it is a longer hike from there than it is from Super 8. Also as of this morning it seems Super 8 is sold out.

I have stayed one night at Super 8 and was totally disgusted with it. Really didn't like it at all. But each to their own experiences.

That comment concerns me... I'll be at the Super 8 for the first time this year in an attempt to save money (Half the cost of the Residence). What, in your opinion, was so bad about it?

That comment concerns me... I'll be at the Super 8 for the first time this year in an attempt to save money (Half the cost of the Residence). What, in your opinion, was so bad about it?

May have just been me. Other people have had no problems at all, plus i was used to staying at RI so that may have had something to do with. Don't worry you will be fine, alot of people stay there and have not one single problem, remember I am old and picky.

I have stayed one night at Super 8 and was totally disgusted with it. Really didn't like it at all. But each to their own experiences.

I've stayed there both times I've been over and never had a problem. No its not fancy, but its cheap, clean and serves as a reasonable place to crash after a huge night thats within walking distance:)

May have just been me. Other people have had no problems at all, plus i was used to staying at RI so that may have had something to do with. Don't worry you will be fine, alot of people stay there and have not one single problem, remember I am old and picky.

Good to know. I don't need fancy, just a place to stash my stuff and catch a few z's. All I ask is that it's relatively clean and nobody has smoked in the room.

How long does it take to walk there? I'll miss being able to dash back to the RI to drop off my purchases, but with the money I'm saving I'll be able to buy even more!

Thanks J-Man, I saw the mention of the Days Inn in the main hotels thread but was very reluctant to go there after reading the reviews here, I was hoping to hear from someone on here who'd actually stayed there. :) Could some of the negative reviews on Trip Advisor be fake? A few of them are so outlandish that I was inclined to think so any way....

Good to know. I don't need fancy, just a place to stash my stuff and catch a few z's. All I ask is that it's relatively clean and nobody has smoked in the room.

How long does it take to walk there? I'll miss being able to dash back to the RI to drop off my purchases, but with the money I'm saving I'll be able to buy even more!

Ten Minutes at the most.