Anyone re-amp with the Steinberg MR816x?

turbidnorth

New Metal Member
Mar 17, 2008
www.myspace.com
If so, how did you do it?...I'm having a hell of a time with mine. I keep getting real loud feedback, even with the amp turned way low. When i turn the mic channel up (mic on the guitar cab) it causes feedback as well. It doesn't make sense to me, i have done this before with my Mackie onyx 1200f, no problems.

Here is my signal chain:
DI track from sonar routed to output 3 on the MR816x.
From there, 1/4" to XLR out of MR816x into my Radial X-amp, then into my amp/cab.

I'm thinking its something to do with the MR editor...If anyone has succesfully done it with this interface please tell me how, step by step.

Thanks!

I have done it with some success..
Im using a Little Labs Redeye and I'm not having the same troubles that you have.

However, I am having trouble with getting a hot enough signal from the Redeye into the amp.
Im just not able to drive the amp enough. Really annoying.

I didnt change anything in the MR editor..

Solved this annoying problem, every output except 7 and 8 caused feedback for me, i have know idea why but it works perfect now using output 7.

Now for your problem... You should go into your MR editor and whatever output you have the DI assigned to, check and make sure the master volume for those outputs are turned up. I had a real weak signal too until i did that, then it was almost too hot. Close out of the editor and save the settings, you then control the signal with the track's fader. I guess when you turn down your master volume, like for your monitors, it turns down all the master volumes for all the outputs. Really stupid thing they did there.

totally agree with you man, i learnt the hard way as well.

like you said you've gotta go to the MR editor and turn the master to unity and then control the volume of what's coming out of your monitors in Cubase because when you touch the volume dial on MR816, it changes all the outputs of the MR816.

stupid.

I had an MR816 as well and had nothing but driver issues with it especially running VSTInstruments. Switched to MOTU and I have been recording hassle free since. The MR816 Sounds great, but Steinberg/Yamaha really dropped the ball when it comes to driver support for the unit. Great hardware, shitty drivers.