Anyone see Queensryche ?

Hanso

Apr 24, 2001
Geelong
Visit site
Hi There,
Did anyone go see queensryche last week?? If so can can tell me what I missed out on. What songs they played ?, how they sounded ?, etc.

Thanks !!!!

Well we left after the Mindcrime I set because from where we were standing, we couldn't see shit. But they sounded fucking awesome. You can get a good idea of how it went from this thread: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247881&page=9 . It was quite disappointed that I couldn't see much because from what I've heard from everyone, they were sensational. I did manage to catch a bit of the set from "I Don't Believe in Love" with the onstage execution and stuff, though. I will say that the sound was great and they nailed pretty much everything.

Sorry to read you and Xena had such a bad time of it, Gore. From what I've read at the other link you posted, Sydney was a helluva night. I've got to get out of this town and start going along to some of these shows.

Can anyone remember the setlist or tell me where I can find one? I had the impression QR were performing Mindcrime I & II consecutively and that was all, but it sounds as if they played some other stuff too.

W

The band was awesome, extremely tight with a great sound. (although it seemed a little quiet :Smug: ). HOWEVER.. I was bored. The place pretty much feel asleep during the Mindcrime II set..

I don't remember the exact set list, but they didn't play all of either Mindcrime albums. The show opened with an hour long Mindcrime set - then ended with 5 or so 'greatest hits tracks'. Jet City Woman, Lady Wore Black, Empire, Silent Lucidity, Take Hold Of The Flame..

I went, they sounded dynamite. Tight as a nun's nasty and Tate's voice was on fire which was good to see! It was pretty loud from where I was but I was standing 1 metre from the wall of speakers so that may be why...

Setlist as I remember was something like this (I don't know the names of Mindcrime II songs):

Revolution Calling
Operation: Mindcrime
Spreading The Disease
Suite Sister Mary
The Needle Lies
Breaking The Silence
I Don't Believe In Love
I'm American
**About another 6 Mindcrime II songs here that I don't know**
Eyes Of A Stranger
------------------
Silent Lucidity
Jet City Woman
Empire
Lady Wore Black
Take Hold Of The Flame

What Trentus said

I think the encore was (in brisbane anyway)

The Whisper
Jet City Woman
Empire
The Lady Wore Black
Take Hold of the Flame
Silent Lucidity

Cant fault Ryche. They sounded awesome. Best concert ive ever seen, along with priest back in 01.

Trent's list was pretty much right, at The Palace in Melbourne they played the following:

Revolution Calling
Operation: Mindcrime
Spreading The Disease
Suite Sister Mary
The Needle Lies
Breaking The Silence
I Don't Believe In Love
I'm American
One Foot In Hell
Hostage
The Hands
Signs Say Go
Murderer?
If I Could Change It All
Eyes Of A Stranger
------------------
Silent Lucidity
Jet City Woman
Empire
Lady Wore Black
Take Hold Of The Flame

A very good performance, sound was great and Geoff Tate rocked the house.

The phrase rhymes with "clucking bell".

If pretty much everything in the universe was different, not to mention easier, I would have travelled to all three Australian shows. I hope they do another live album after this tour.

W

Speak is great but I guess something had to give. Lucky you weren't there Ceydn, coz then you really would've been pissed!