Megadeth

BrightEyes

Apr 7, 2006
Gold Coast
Is anyone going to see Megadeth on this years Gigantour?

Its next month and I havent seen any topics on it at all.
Havent even seen it advertised, just found out from a friend.

I'll be going, I missed them last time they came so hopefully it should be good.

Also does anyone know what other bands are playing as well?

I'm going. They were awesome last year. It'll be the fourth time I've seen them, which is nice. :)

I went to see Arch Enemy, Trivium and Machine Head last night. That was excellent also!

I'm going. They were awesome last year. It'll be the fourth time I've seen them, which is nice. :)

I went to see Arch Enemy, Trivium and Machine Head last night. That was excellent also!

Thats awesome.
I'm going to see them tonight. I'm going for Arch Enemy but I'll stay for the others.

I'll be going to Megadeth only if I can afford it next week. :Smug:

How'd you enjoy the show? I hope Arch Enemy played for longer than 30 mins at your one!

Steal someone's car and buy a ticket!

Arch Enemy only played for around half an hour at mine too. I was amazed at Trivium, in my opinion they stole the show!

I was never a fan but after their performance im getting into their music more and more.

Drinks were so fucking expensive. $9 for a Jim Beam and Coke!
I got my moneys worth though by drinking 6 in a row. So I was nicely smashed. :cool:

I'll be going to see Megadeth got my ticket last night also.

I am yet undecided. I saw them last time. 90 bucks is a lot to pay to just see Megadeth, considering they were only here last year.

Its not just Megadeth. There are 5 bands.
Lacuna Coil, Devildriver, Bring Me The Horizon and Static-X.

But if you're just interested in seeing Megadeth like I am then yeah 90 bucks is a bit much to pay.

if I had the $90 I would, only bands there I haven't seen are Lacuna Coil and BMTH, not sure how mauch I care to see the last lot either, do they put on a good show, cause they all look like they need a haircut and a fucking beating

far too drunk to remember but I found this set list for Adelaide elsewhere:
Sleepwalker
Take No Prisoners
In My Darkest Hour
Gears Of War
Wake Up Dead
A Tout Le Monde (with Scabia!!!)
Washington Is Next
Hangar 18
Tornado of Souls
Ashes In Your Mouth
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells

Burnt Ice
Holy Wars..The Punishment Due/Mechanix:headbang:

far too drunk to remember but I found this set list for Adelaide elsewhere:
Sleepwalker
Take No Prisoners
In My Darkest Hour
Gears Of War
Wake Up Dead
A Tout Le Monde (with Scabia!!!)
Washington Is Next
Hangar 18
Tornado of Souls
Ashes In Your Mouth
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells

Burnt Ice
Holy Wars..The Punishment Due/Mechanix:headbang:

Exactly the same set list last night. I was pretty dissapointed they didn't play Rust in Peace...Polaris.

Could have done with fewer newer songs and more older songs from Peace Sells and Rust in Peace. Oh well Never the less it was an awesome show. And Scabia also came out to sing as well. Oh and I think during Peace Sells the guy from Static-X came out and sang the chorus.

Listen to the song "Washington is Next" by Megadeth on their new album and Wasted Years by Maiden. Now tell me that riff is fucking stolen from Maiden. The main riff of Wasted Years is used about 20 seconds into Washington is Next! Its just been sped up a bit.

Just on this tour again, after Static-X finished their set my brother remarked, "that was the gayest thing I've ever seen". I must say, he wasn't too far wrong. :)

I've not really heard their recorded stuff, but they were terrible live, especially when playing between fast bands like Devil Driver and Megadeth. I thought DD were really impressive.

Did they tour here by themselves? Nice one. Yeah their pit goes off. Gotta love the circle moshes Dez sets up. :)