Anyone seen "The Lovely Bones"?

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
Sounds pretty shitty, and I've come to greatly respect Ebert's reviews and opinions over the 15+ years I've been reading them.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100113/REVIEWS/100119992

The makers of this film seem to have given slight thought to the psychology of teenage girls, less to the possibility that there is no heaven, and none at all to the likelihood that if there is one, it will not resemble a happy gathering of new Facebook friends. In its version of the events, the serial killer can almost be seen as a hero for liberating these girls from the tiresome ordeal of growing up and dispatching them directly to the Elysian Fields. The film's primary effect was to make me squirmy.

I swear it made me go through an emotional trip the whole time I watched it. From sad to wondering why I'm watching this? I thought it was ok...

i saw some thingy on playstation home with peter jackson or some other guy talking about how good it was
looks like a pile of shit.

I saw it. The artistic portion of the film was kind of great, but it was emotionally unconvincing aside from the scene where Susie gets assaulted. You really get worked up when you see that creepy motherfucking bastard eying 14 year old Susie and when you know what's going to happen, but not how.