Anyone tried Positive Grid 2?

H-evolve

Apr 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Was just wondering if some people tried it.

In my opinion, and in the opinion of many others around here, Positive Grid 1 was "meh" at best. Some of the features it has are nice, but the sound coming out of it wasn't great...

Was therefore wondering if the 2 is an improvement? I think they changed all their IRs?

So ya, was just curious to get some opinions of their 2nd version.

Was just wondering if some people tried it.

In my opinion, and in the opinion of many others around here, Positive Grid 1 was "meh" at best. Some of the features it has are nice, but the sound coming out of it wasn't great...

Was therefore wondering if the 2 is an improvement? I think they changed all their IRs?

So ya, was just curious to get some opinions of their 2nd version.
Do you mean Bias amp 2?Bias FX and Bias pedal are still on version 1.I have Bias Amp 2,and it's a huge improvement over 1.

Do you mean Bias amp 2?Bias FX and Bias pedal are still on version 1.I have Bias Amp 2,and it's a huge improvement over 1.

Yes indeed, I meant Bias Amp 2. Would you be so kind as to summarize why it's a huge improvement?

For me, version 1 sounded "fake". Can't say if it was the IRs that came with it, or what... but I didn't like the tones. Kinda fizzy and weird. So I was curious to see if the "tones" have improved.

Or would you say it is rather in terms of functionality that there was an improvement?

Anyhow, I'm curious to see what has improved...

Yes indeed, I meant Bias Amp 2. Would you be so kind as to summarize why it's a huge improvement?

For me, version 1 sounded "fake". Can't say if it was the IRs that came with it, or what... but I didn't like the tones. Kinda fizzy and weird. So I was curious to see if the "tones" have improved.

Or would you say it is rather in terms of functionality that there was an improvement?

Anyhow, I'm curious to see what has improved...
On version 1 there was this weird scratchiness,sort of like fizz mixed with static,that couldn't be EQd out no matter what.It seem to be baked in to the core sound of the whole base engine.That's gone in 2,it's opened up and smoother/cleaner sounding in that frequency range.