Positive Grid Bias for Mac/PC

Dec 10, 2012
Washington, DC
From their Facebook page:

"Positive Grid announces BIAS Desktop (PC/MAC) with Amp Matching.

With Amp Matching, you will get any possible tone from any mic'd amp or audio source in just a few seconds. It’s the industry’s first and only technology on desktop, and it will be available on #BIASdesktop."

Yaaaaaaaaay. Between this, the X50 V2, and Thermionik, there are going to be a bunch of great amp sims available for a really reasonable price for desktop users. Really helps depress my longing for a Kemper haha.

Hopefully this is as cool as it sounds. As much as I want a Kemper, there is no way I can afford it right now, plus I think staying in the box is probably the best for my workflow right now. What could be cool is if some badass dudes starting making profiles for it, like with the Kemper!

Have a listen to this comparison. It's definitely on par with the others and I think it would sound amazing in combination with either the IR loader from x50 or Recabinet 3 and some quality IRs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a KPA and I recognised that it was the second clip. Or I should say that I assumed it was the second one since the other two sounded like static IRs. The KPA is the only one of the three that sounds like a real tube amp with cleans. This seems very useful though, I might very well pick it up just to have as backup in case the KPA dies on tour. Does anyone here have experience with it and with iPad interfaces?

Hopefully this is as cool as it sounds. As much as I want a Kemper, there is no way I can afford it right now, plus I think staying in the box is probably the best for my workflow right now. What could be cool is if some badass dudes starting making profiles for it, like with the Kemper!

I will copy all my current lineup of amps just as I have with my Kemper and I will also make those available in my store. This will be cool for the IPhone/Pad users. I still don’t think it’s near the quality of the Kemper....This won’t take over the Kemper and it’s not new technology (ozone5). So I’m purely in it to get my amps into my mobile devices.

Cool!
I didn't think this would be as good as a Kemper, but hopefully it's a step up for amp simulation in the box and will help keep my G.A.S at bay awhile longer.

Bias allows you to design your own amp from a large variety of options and it sound really good. It was only available for iOS devices first and now comes to PC and Mac. It seems to have a match EQ but that's not the feature that got me interested in it.

That's an extremely uninspiring video.
So, if you load an amp sim (that sounds nothing like the real amp), you can match eq it and it sounds vaguely like the amp, except 1 dimensional and undynamic.

Nothing new here as far as I can see.
I was hoping for a software Kemper when I heard about this, but it seems to offer nothing any high gain amp sim and match eq can't already offer.

Well, the match may be lame but I've heard incredible things about this app from SS.org users. Some of them are 13-year-olds talking out their asses, but a number seem to be pretty decent tonehounds and they claim it's easily better than the POD series and can get you close to Kemper territory with IRs. But I've never used it myself, so I guess I'll wait and see.

"I like what I'm hearing"

LOL that sounded like garbage. I think he's getting paid to say all that nonsense. And jesus that dude looks freaking disgusting. I had to open a new tab just to not see him and just listen.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, that Fluff dude gets some of the WORST tones I've heard out of great gear. I'm sure if Ola or someone more capable were making these videos we'd hear much better results.