Positive Grid - BIAS Desktop

You need the pro version to get the artist match presets and also the "expansion packs". Except there's no real explanation of what the expansion packs are that I see?

Yeah, I just noticed that when I downloaded it for the demo. There's no fucking way I'm paying as much as Logic cost me just for this thing.

I tested it on some old DIs I had and I was pretty disappointed. It was fun to mess around with, especially tweaking the internal amp architecture, but the tones were definitely not $200 worth. Mind you, I thought they were pretty good and the jcm and plexi sims were cool, but they are not $200 cool. Maybe it was just the DI quality (I've been meaning to get new pups), but it definitely did not grab me like some of those video demos I watched.

Bummer, dude.

I have line 6 Iphone interface and for me Bias doesn't sound much better than free line 6 free sim for that interface.
Bias have annoying reverb while I try to "design" amp and because of that, end result sucks.
For desktop Bias I have big issue with their marketing approach - calling EQ matching for AMP matching (bullshit).
I'd better off with buying line 6 Pod Farm Platinum on ebay.

I'm unfortunately pretty disappointed with how this sounds. I picked it up for the amp match, specifically, and I feel like it was money down the drain. It sucks because I had high hopes for it.

I tried it with a bass. I never heard a sound like that in any amp sim. It is awesome.