anyone tune to d on a les paul type?

martyfireball

myspace.com/studioferox
Sep 5, 2003
belfast, UK
www.myspace.com
just a quicky to see what string gauge to use, I normally use 10-46 with regular tuning and need to be able to bend and solo.
That's proper D tuning one step down, not dropped D.
ta

I used to use 11-54's on an Epiphone Joe Perry signature (possibly the ugliest Les Paul ever created).

168408.jpg

They'll just about go down 2 steps, and they play pretty nicely in standard too.

Steve

welll with the gain on 9 on the lead channel on your 5150....
LOL
JOKES kev, how you enjoyin the beast of all amps

martyfireball said:
That's proper D tuning one step down, not dropped D.
ta
I have found this tuning to be my favorite for soloing. It just feels and sounds perfect to me. I use Ernie ball hybrid slinkys for a whole step down. It gives you the 9, but beefs up the wound strings. The tension feels real good with a floyd. Two steps down is a different story. For C, I like 10-52.

i tune down to C on my old Ibanez with 11-52. It is pretty nice. I got a set of Ernie Ball "Beefy Slinky's" becuase my local music store didn't have the ones i wanted :erk:. Gotta order a bunch from online! Anyone know where i can get strings in bulk?

haha, i was gonna suggest there greyskull, but it might be cheaper to find an american site for him, i use stringbusters cos i couldnt find anywhere else selling the hi-beam dr's