Anyone use Guitarport?

taylor666

Oct 8, 2006
I've been using it for a while to record early versions of songs for my band to bring into practice but lately my drummer has been complaining about not being able to hear what I'm playing during faster parts. I've noticed this too but I can't seem to fix it. It's really hard to differentiate between guitar parts even with the gain down. Anyone have suggestions as to what patches to use or some general eqing tips that I can work from to try to make the tracks a little less irritating. Honestly, I never bothered to eq the tracks in the past. I really need a way to make the guitars sound a little less processed sounding and make it easier to hear the rhythms and make it easier to distinguish between the different tracks.

I should also mention, I've tried using impulses with it. While the impulses sound a bit better, the guitars still have this distant sound to them. I'm just starting to get my feet wet with recording so basically any advice regarding recording guitars would be extremely appreciated.

I used the guitar port for the new wintersbane album at the request of the guitar player. it was a real challenge getting what I would consider BIG real tone out of it and it was reall easy to get a scratchy/washy type of sound out of it. I ended up getting the UX2 tone port for my laptop mobile setup and had the same problems it sounds like you are describing. I ended up buying the metal pack from line 6 direct and that gave me 40 guitar amp sounds that are ALL very usable for demo type of things and gine is the washy/scratchy thing from the old sounds as well. maybe try that?

Love Curran:loco:

Thanks for the tip. I didn't even realize there was a metal pack available for the guitarport. I'll definitely look into it.

guitarport is really no different to pod xt, or toneport, the models are all identical, the extra packs all work on all of them, the guitarport just has no cpu itself and offloads processing duties to your pc.
As far as I know theres no difference in sound between guitarport and pod xt, so go download pod xt patches and use them to get an idea but as others said, get the metal pack so you get the 5150 and diezel models

I had heard that it was the same thing as the pod xt and if that is true I'll definitely get the metal pack. Thanks for the info.

I use GuitarPort but it's mainly for ideas and keeping a riff library. It's not really something I would expect another member of my band to use for practice, unless it was with headphones or something.

Well I usually send the mp3s to my drummer before practice so he can get some ideas down. It used to work fine but I've been trying to write some faster stuff lately and with two tracks it just sounds like a huge mess you can barely make out the notes. Would you consider uploading any decent metal patches you have for me to try out :rolleyes: ?