couple things.. guitarport and absynth

mjollnir79

New Metal Member
Jul 3, 2005
So for metal, of various kinds, would anyone recomment guitarport for home recording/playing?(not for live of course) how does it sound? do I need to buy anything else to make it better?

Also for keyboards, does anyone know any good sound factories in absynth for black metal type stuff like some of the stuff emperor, dimmu borgir, borknagar sounds?

thanks in advance

morningstar said:
I had a couple (which I am not sure will work for that you ask) but I too am interested. I erased both the banks and the VST...

if ya have any luck let me know, I'm looking for em all on one bank, most the banks that i find are more suited for electronic music..techno etc

I'm downloading absynth right now and a friend of mine has got a CD full of samples and presets for native instruments VSTs, he's going to send me the absynth ones as soon as he comes to internet. I will tell you if I find any that's suitable to Emperor/Borknagar type of synths...

As for guitar port, a friend of mine has one and...it's nice, it's like a pod 2.0, with less simulated amps/cabs. You can get decent results from it, I guess. I use a Behringer V-amp, and the only thing I think it has advantage over line6 digital stuff, is the distortion. It has a lot more body than any of line6.

line6 sounds too digital. the guitarport doesn't have enough versatility...

what i'm going to try (and get back to this thread about) is doing Boss GT6 > Guitarport > soundcard and see if i can get a nice presence using the GP as a bypass...

GT-6's cab/amp simulator isn't very good, it should be a nice addition, if you set your GT6 to do amp simulation and GPT to do cab simulation alone. If you have a decent computer and a decent soundcard, with least latency possible, you can even try Native Instruments Guitar Rig, as they're said to have the best cab simulation ever..

Good luck!