Anyone use the Vox "Satchurator"?

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
I think i'm a total newb and must be living under a rock. LOL. I just found out about the Vox "Satchurator" Joe Satriani signature pedal.

Is anyone familiar with this pedal? Anyone ever use it? I've been watching lots of videos on youtube and stuff, and for only $130, it seems like a quality pedal. Has anyone recorded any leads using this?

Thanks.

My room mate has one. He's a Joe Satriani fanatic and has the JSX, Ibanez JS2000 etc. He likes the vox pedal, but he's stopped using it since he heard my tube screamer through his rig and has since bought a wylde overdrive.

I owned the Satchurator for about a week. I got it in a trade for another pedal I wasn't too excited about. The Satchurator is nice. TONS of gain, a slight boost out of the 'more' switch and very dynamic and interactive. I don't know why but a few people on forums say it sounds like a Boss DS-1 and I've owned that too. I truly hated the DS-1 but the Satchurator was very nice. You can use the Satchurator as a boost I suppose but if you're after the TS effect, I'd just get a TS. The Satchurator is more of an amp distortion channel in a pedal. The tone know on the Satchuraotr is wild. It has a huge sweep but you can still make subtle adjustments. I only got rid of it because my VHT has all my gains covered. I think the Satchurator can do the 'brewtaulz' but I wouldn't say it's the best pedal for that.

BTW - Check the Harmony Central or Gear Page forums for a used Satchurator. You can probably score one for about $80-$90 in mint condition.