Anyone using DAW-like apps on Android?

AD Chaos

MGTOW
Aug 3, 2009
Hello everyone,

I'm upgrading my phone and I was wondering if anyone is using some app that resembles a DAW for doing basic stuff (things like recording ideas on a more organized way than just humming them or tapping somewhere to make rhythm noise, perhaps connecting a guitar with some adapter to record a riff when you're not near any actual recording setup).

I don't know if this is a thing already, as in are smartphones getting powerful enough to perform some basic recording tasks decently, while using Android. After a bit of browsing I found this one. I think Cubasis has been around for a while (just for iOS), is that one any good btw?

Thanks for your opinions :)

Cubasis rules.

But you will never see it on droid till they fix their shitty OS.

Agree about Cubasis, but the reason you do not see it on Android is because of all the extra hardware considerations that have to be made from different manufacturers. LG, HTC, Samsung, Sony, yadda yadda yadda...

That doesn't make it a shitty OS. That makes Steinberg lazier than other Android DAW developers :lol: Buttttt back OT: I've been using this for quick recording/layering of ideas

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jaytronix.multitracker&hl=en

It's definitely gotten the job done. The one you posted, however, looks like a possible step up!

For music making on a smartphone or tablet, iOS (iPhone, iPad) wins hands down...and I love Android! But after using a DL1608 and now X32 Rack, I had to drink the cool-aid and it is tasty.

Cubasis is pretty damn awesome. JamUp also has a recorder that I personally use for ideas. Bias is damn solid as an amp sim hands down. From ideas to full on productions, what you can do is pretty impressive.