Anyone want to work with me on a metal website?

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
I am a website developer. I am in the process of creating a metal website. It will be a community website for metal fans. I don't have a specific 'niche' or any formal business plan. I just want to make a website to have metal fans join and be able to read album reviews, post on forums, etc etc.

I am not doing it to make any money just for the passion of music and something to do in my spare time.

i'd like to team up with people that would be interested in posting album reviews, moderating forums, and just whatever else may pop up.

I know there are a zillion websites out there that probably do the same thing, but like I said I am not trying to re-invent the wheel, I just want to have some fun.

I am very opinionated and almost an asshole most of the time (which I am sure you have noticed) and for this site I really don't care if people get pissed off or have different opinions. Controversy and pissing people off often times gets the most amounts of publicity!

I'd like to have diversity. Even if you hate the same album I love and vice versa it is all good.

If I can get a decent amount of members joined on the site it won't be hard to at minimum get free CD's to review, concert tickets, interview passes etc. So those are all things that will come in the future if the site can generate enough members.

I have worked in the music business for many years so this is nothing new to me, But would love to have some others that get bored and want to help out.

Let me know if you are interested and as things progress I will contact you! You can PM me your email addy if you want!

Interesting. I am a designer/developer by trade too. Your idea sounds interesting. Trouble is with me is the little free time outside of work and family commitments I have.

Why not start a simple blog site using the free Wordpress? Build it up slowly perhaps? As you know plenty of free web forum setups out there too.

Good luck with it though and keep us posted.

I am a website developer. I am in the process of creating a metal website. It will be a community website for metal fans. I don't have a specific 'niche' or any formal business plan. I just want to make a website to have metal fans join and be able to read album reviews, post on forums, etc etc.

I am not doing it to make any money just for the passion of music and something to do in my spare time.

i'd like to team up with people that would be interested in posting album reviews, moderating forums, and just whatever else may pop up.

I know there are a zillion websites out there that probably do the same thing, but like I said I am not trying to re-invent the wheel, I just want to have some fun.

I am very opinionated and almost an asshole most of the time (which I am sure you have noticed) and for this site I really don't care if people get pissed off or have different opinions. Controversy and pissing people off often times gets the most amounts of publicity!

I'd like to have diversity. Even if you hate the same album I love and vice versa it is all good.

If I can get a decent amount of members joined on the site it won't be hard to at minimum get free CD's to review, concert tickets, interview passes etc. So those are all things that will come in the future if the site can generate enough members.

I have worked in the music business for many years so this is nothing new to me, But would love to have some others that get bored and want to help out.

Let me know if you are interested and as things progress I will contact you! You can PM me your email addy if you want!

I'd be in for it. I buy enough discs (especially the imports, so you could get an insite as to the bonus stuff and packaging on them) and go to enough shows that I could review that as well.