Anyone want TROUBLE for the fest?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Bob - No need to reply. We know you don't like doom and you don't like Trouble. So unless you have a constructive comment as to why they wouldn't be a good fit, zip it!!!!!

OK doom dogs!!! (And Doom Cat for Patrick, since he likes those little furry things so much)......

TROUBLE are looking to to festival only appearances next year.
Keep in mind they SHOULD have a new album out next year, and even better................ Kory Clarke is gone!!!!!

So, this could be their first Chicago show to feature the return of Kyle Thomas (Exhorder, Alabama Thunderpussy, etc) on Vox.

I am the first to admit that TROUBLE turn outs can be hit or miss.
Though their last Chicago show was January of 2011.
So at the point of Ragnarokkr it will have almost been 2 1/2 years since their last local gig.

I am sure people will be curious to see them without Kory.

Furthermore, it has been pretty much agreed upon that the fest could benefit from a larger doom co-headliner (names such as Solitude Aeturnus have been thrown out).

All members of Trouble now live in the US (4/5ths of which are in Chicago).

So...........what do you think?

I think it would be great. It would add about 100 or so new people showing up. The Skull drew decent at Alehorn.

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

I don't know. I like Trouble, but I'd have to hear what this new singer sounds like before I get amped about it. My only issue is where they would fit on the bill. I don't think it's the best idea to be a headliner but maybe lead-in to the headliner, like how the Skull were at Alehorn.

I would have no issues with that whatsoever!

Here is what Kyle sounds like with Trouble.
He used to front the band you know, when Eric left the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind if they play, as long as they're not on the same day as Omen so I don't have to see them. Or put them on after Omen so I can leave early. Or put them on first so I can get there after they're done.

I don't mind if they play, as long as they're not on the same day as Omen so I don't have to see them. Or put them on after Omen so I can leave early. Or put them on first so I can get there after they're done.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I had to sit through the Skull at Alehorn....wow...that was painful.

I don't really get how people on this board wouldn't like Trouble....it's not like they're SUPER slow, the vocals are great, riffs crushing, and songs are well written. Admittedly I don't know much about their later material but the first couple records are mandatory. Great band.

I don't really get how people on this board wouldn't like Trouble....it's not like they're SUPER slow, the vocals are great, riffs crushing, and songs are well written. Admittedly I don't know much about their later material but the first couple records are mandatory. Great band.

Beats me.........
I love ALL eras of the band, so I guess I am biased.

Don't forget too, a lot of negativity towards TROUBLE in the scene came as the result of how they were marketed. Admittingly, and against TROUBLE'S wishes, Metal Blade chose to market the band as "white metal". While their earlier lyrics certainly were centered around faith, they were not "PRAISE JESUS". Brian Slagel used it as a marketing tool. Lots of irony surrounding this, as Slagel was also marketing SLAYER at the same time. Also, the band had no issues touring with King Diamond, Slayer, Danzig later on, etc....

Also, the cross has been used as a symbol for many doom bands (Sabbath, Candlemass, etc, etc...).