Anyone who has seen Metallica on this tour

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
I am going to the Sydney show at the Acer Arena tomorrow night.
I have 4 tickets in one section and 4 in another section and am going with 7 other people. So we will need to split the tickets up 4 and 4.

Obviously I wanna make sure I get the best seats, but I have never seen a show in the round before and dont really know how it is setup.

Can you have a look at the map and tell me which seats you reckon would be better for view/sound etc.

4 tix are in section 7 row J
4 tix are in section 25 row D

metyw.jpg

I'd go 25 - less chance of having your view obstructed. I haven't been yet - but I'm pretty sure there are 4 sorta pillar bits on the corners of the stage yeah? Although if that's the case, then you'd be cutting off your view of one side of the stage in section 25.

WOW, YOU GOT A DOOZY. I got General Admission for all 4 shows I'm going to.

Yeah I think I am leaning towards 25.....
I cant imagine they would be putting pillars up to obstruct the view of a large % of the crowd.... I just assumed the band was on a stage in the middle and they rotate the stage or something?
Do Lars' drums rotate or if you are sitting behind him, are you always going to be looking at the back of his head?
I imagine James and Kirk and Rob will just walk around and visit each side?

25 would seem too high up to me, no screens or anything on this tour, and personally, would rather be low and what appears closer. Again I am an odd bean, where is Spiffo he got to all 3 gigs in Brisbane, and was in a different area everytime I think

So I sat in section 25.
Great seats actually.
To be honest, there could not have really been a bad seat in the place.`

Band was tops.... although they didn't really play much old stuff....
Majority of the set was from Black and Death Magentic and a few from AJFA....
The only pre-Black album songs that I remember were:

One, Master of Puppets, AJFA, Blackened and Seek & Destroy as the encore...
Nothing from Ride the Lightning and only one song from MOP....

Actually they did play For Whom the Bell Tolls and Motorbreath as well....

The Ecstasy of Gold

1. That Was Just Your Life
2. The End Of The Line
3. For Whom The Bell Tolls
4. Through The Never
5. One
6. Broken, Beat And Scarred
7. Wherever I May Roam
8. Sad But True
9. The Unforgiven
10. ...And Justice for All
11. The Day That Never Comes
12. Master Of Puppets
13. Blackened
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman
Encore:
16. Am I Evil?
(Diamond Head cover)
17. Motorbreath
18. Seek & Destroy

I saw them three times last month. They have NOT run their course. Just brilliant.

Sorry, I totally forgot to check MD the last couple of days and so missed this thread.

Holy shit... what an awesome show...

25, way better. Most of the show was directed towards that side, a lesser majority towards the opposite, and very minimal towards the left and right sides.

I'm going tomorrow night(Sydney). looking forward to the show even though at the Sept show i found the fixed stage in the middle of the arena a bit distracting as you really only get to see each performer 25% of the time. Anyway, that's only a minor complaint as they still sounded amazing.

This will be my 7th Metallica concert (all in Sydney)
1989 Hordern Pavillion
1993 Entertainment Centre (twice)
2004 Entertainment Centre and Big Day Out
2010 Acer Arena in Sept and then tomorrow night