Trans Siberian Orchestra - GREAT concert

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
I saw the Dec 27th show at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston.

I'm not sure how, but when I went online to order tickets when they were 1st available with the 1-hour early fan club email, I ended up getting floor seats, section A, row 1, seats 1-4. I have never sat front row nearly center at a concert with 10,000+ people.

Being that close was amazing. Constant eye contact with the artists, and I had no idea I was at a concert unless I turned around and saw the crowd. It felt like I was part of the concert being in the front row. We waited afterwards for autographs, and most of the band members recognized us and made comments like "great seats you had" and "saw you rocking out tonight, cool".

It was a 2 and 3/4 hour show. Great music.

I saw them on the 26, for the second year in a row.
I wasn't as close as you were, but I was fairly close. Anyway, they're amazing live. Completely over the top, and surprisingly heavy. Did they play Carmina Burana?

great band, but.....

They were MUCH better 3 or 4 years ago, when they focused more on music than laser-light displays. To take it another step, they were much better as Savatage before the TSO sideproject dominated them. Even now, TSO itself is threatening to stagnate into repetitiveness.

all in all, they're great people, good musicians, but i wish they would get back to the music and forget about the business for a while.

Kenneth R. said:
great band, but.....

They were MUCH better 3 or 4 years ago, when they focused more on music than laser-light displays. To take it another step, they were much better as Savatage before the TSO sideproject dominated them. Even now, TSO itself is threatening to stagnate into repetitiveness.

all in all, they're great people, good musicians, but i wish they would get back to the music and forget about the business for a while.

I never realized TSO used to be Savatage!!! What the fuck? Is this really true?

Same band, almost completely. If they had Oliva or Zak singing, it'd basically be Savatage + a string section.

in fact, the big hit "Sarajevo 12/24" on the Christmas Eve & Other Stories album, is in fact originally from Savatage - Dead Winter Dead, and came out years before it was a big hit. IMO, DWD is a better album even. :)

best Savatage imo:

Gutter Ballet
Edge of Thorns
Handful of Rain
Poets & Madmen
Dead Winter Dead
Wake of Magellan
Hall of the Mountain King

which is actually most of their discography... :lol:

Wake of Magellan is cool, but a little cheese, especially the vocals make me wanna gag sometimes, like in Paragons of Innocence

"GOTTALETITGOTTALETITGOTTALETITGOTTALETITGOTTALETITx3732....."
"NO ONE LEEEEEVES, NO ONE LEEEEEVES, NO ONE LEEEEEEEEVES.... Ah lyve!?"

sometimes I'm just like SHUT THE FUCK UP:yell:

I love Savatage; especially Streets. In fact, I believe that they are a highly under rated band.

Anyway, I thought about going and declined. Now I wish I had gone.

TSO's first cd was a Christmas concept, and it was REALLY successful, so as businessmen, they did it twice more. They also did a Beethoven themed album, which I also recommend. All this is spurred from a popular song they stole from themselves, off Savatage - Dead Winter Dead.