Aphotic tabs?

great_kthulu

Greater Evil
Apr 27, 2009
I remember hearing somewhere along the line that you guys were doing tabs for Aphotic. Is this still happening? If so, when will we see them?

both would be cool, though I would prefer guitar. (except for six sides, I would love to learn the bass on that)

I have bass tab for pretty much the entire album. Vito is the guy to talk to about the guitar tabs. He has some of it done but I don't think he has the whole album tabbed yet. I think that Vito and I both need to compare notes on what we have and maybe do some fine tuning and adjustments to the tabs that we have completed. Vito will have the monumental task of tabbing Larry's solos and harmonies. I may be able to help him but we need to get hand written tab from Larry so that we can put it into Guitar Pro.

I know we keep saying we'll get these done, and we very much want to get these done ASAP. It doesn't help that my laptop's screen just crapped out on me. It's going to be a week or so before I get it back so it will have to wait until I get that back.

The majority of the hard work is done I believe, Mike laid out the foundation for all the songs in guitar pro, so now we just need to fine tune stuff and add the guitar parts to them.

Here is a complete list of songs that I have tabbed:

Silent Tomorrow
The Pale Haunt Departure
Swallowed By the Moon
Autumn Reflection
Dark World Burden
In the Absence of Grace
The Dead Leaf Echo
Through a Child's Eyes
Rain
Drown the Inland Mere
The Voice of Failure
Into Night's Requiem Infernal
Eulogy for the Living Lost
Empathy's Greed
Lazarus Regret
I Hurt Those I Adore
The Dark Host
Harvest Scythe
Buried
Of Age and Origin - Part 1: A Violent Day - Part 2: A Day of Joy
Six Sides
Shadow Play

All of the pre-Aphotic tabs are tabbed according to how I play them live and are not necessarily the recorded versions of the songs. The Aphotic tabs are pretty much what I played on the recordings with an exception here or there of parts I improvised in the studio and don't exactly remember what I played.

Let me know if anyone is interested in checking these out.

(These are all bass tabs)

I'm gonna start doing some work in the next week or so finishing up some of these bass tabs and then Paul will help me upload them here so that you guys can check them out.

You can check them out if you dont mind that it's just a bass track and a hi hat keeping time. You need to have guitar pro to view it though.

I'll try to tab some songs off Novembers Doom's albums.

Years ago I created a website for the french metal band The Old Dead Tree where all the tabs from the two first albums can be downloaded in Guitar Pro format. (Check out the link in my profile page).
I met the band several times, and they gave me thumbs up for my work. This website appears to be in the official site links section.

Unfortunately, they disbanded and the site is on hiatus, the third and last album is still not tabbed. Then I discovered Novembers Doom, fell in love with the music and thought: this band's worth the effort !

So I'm planing to tab some of their songs, the first one being "Autumn Reflection". As soon as it's done, I will post the link here !