Apocalyptic songs

Xeroth

Bringer of Light
Jun 6, 2006
UK
www.vampirefreaks.com
Post songs that are either really long, talk about the Apocalypse, or both.

Why I'm doing this... well I like apocalyptic songs, that's all really

Oh, and songs that talk about evil are acceptable too

listen to The Axis of Perdition...check out their album "The Ichneumon Method", and you'll never need any other "apocalyptic" songs.

Holly.R.Wells said:
theres a song by a non metal band, "muse" called apocalypse please.. and i enjoy that band, even though they aret metals...

i was impressed with Absolution it was great especially stockholm syndrome

and now to apocalyptic songs...

Hand of Doom by Black Sabbath

yeh, Hand of Doom is a good one
I used to enjoy Muse quite often, but after their last album, which me and Helen (who is a HUGE Muse fan) agreed was a terrible album, out of tune and out-of-date music, they just haven't progressed at all.
More apocalyptic songs.... Cradle of Filth - I Thank God for the Suffering

Xeroth said:

Oh, and songs that talk about evil are acceptable too

You have a really nice avatar, that's a nice Shagrath picture there but you have mentioned Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse in 50% of your posts man. It looks that you like Dimmu Borgir than tell me: Whose vocals (besides Shagrath) where on Heavenly Perverse? Btw this song kicks ass.:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

What other bands do you listen to?

Want some long songs? Dig into Mythological Cold Towers, "The Vanished Pantheon" is great!

Xeroth said:

five words

VOID OF SILENCE - HUMAN ANTITHESIS

My favorite long songs.. Apocalypse or not

Cathedral: the voyage of the homeless sapian 22:41,the garden 26:59,

some shorter but long cathedral songs: a funeral request 9:17, phantasmagoria 8:42, golden blood (flooding) 8:09, carnival bizarre 8:35,the empty mirror 8:38,

Edge of Sanity: crimson 40:00

Candlemass: demon's gate 9:13

Katatonia: brave 10:16

Morbid Angel: invocation of the continual one 9:47

Opeth: deliverance 13:36, black rose immortal 20:14,april ethereal 8:41,advent 13:45,blackwater park 12:08,the drapery falls 10:54,reverie / harlequin forest 11:39,windowpane 7:44

Green Carnation- light of day, day of darkness 1:00:05

The Gathering: the mirror waters 7:10, sand & mercury 9:57,in sickness and health 7:00

Evoken: lost kingdom of darkness 11:52,tragedy eternal 9:52,chime the centuries end 9:45

Esoteric: dissident 17:17

Solitude Aeturnus: dream of immortality 7:52

My Dying Bride: symphonaire infernus et spera empyrium 11:38, the return of the beautiful 12:50

Incantation: unto infinite twilight / majesty of infernal damnation 16:47

Draconian: a scenery of loss 9:11

noitcefrepdewalf said:
i was impressed with Absolution it was great especially stockholm syndrome

and now to apocalyptic songs...

Hand of Doom by Black Sabbath

Absolution by far was my favorite album. They are very creative with their music. Bliss is a grandos song and i agree, stalkholm syndrome... The song Plug In Baby was the first song i ever learned by ear, it helped alot when i was learning how to play the Guitar :)

it's weird for me...when nemtheanga gives that speech halfway through the song "Human Antithesis", I start to feel inspired. Void of Silence fucking rules. They're supposed to be coming out with an album next year supposedly